Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2011, 03:45 PM

Default Help me with my nightmare

Three weeks ago I brought in my Mac Pro quad osx to a mac authorized dealer to get an opinion on upgrading my mac. I had Protools LE with a digi002 rack setup. He suggested I go to at least snow leopard, which I did.

I get home and find out that snow leopard is not compatible with LE 7, so I need to upgrade to at least LE 8. I really didn't want to do this because my biggest fear was that LE 8 was going to be very different. I'm not a computer expert, I'm just getting by with what I know and was very comfortable with the LE 7 format. At that point I had no choice but to go to LE 8.

My biggest fear came true, I was lost on what to do on the new format. I have a full time job and really don't have the time to figure out something new. The tech guy said he would put everything back to the way it was.

It's been over a week and he can't get this to work now. It looks like everything is back to the way it was but when I try to open Pro Tools, I get an error message that says " ProTools hardware is either not installed or used by another program" My digi002 is on and is connected!

He reloaded the Pro Tools LE 7 disk, He says that they are looking for a "Key" which I never had when it was first loaded.

This is a real nightmare..... Can anyone help.........Please!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Help me with my nightmare

The "key" would be the authorization code you had to have entered to get PT7 working in the first place. It will be a code starting DIGI0007 or something similar. If you got PT7 with hardware, you would have gotten a book as well, and the code will be on the inside front cover. If you downloaded PT7, you would have gotten email with the code key, and should available under your account.

I have to say I am beyond surprised to read that one could find the differences between V7 and V8 so daunting that they would go to the lengths that you have to undo the upgrade .... What was it that was so foreign, the color scheme?

Bob
Old 11-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Avid

Thumbs up Re: Help me with my nightmare

We actually sent you a Pro Tools LE 7.3 No Cost Upgrade activation back in January 2007. Looks like you never used it, so we went ahead and activated it in your Avid account.

Please Log In to account.avid.com and click Your Products to find your 7.3 Authorization Code (and Downloads if needed).

If you are running an older version than 7.3, you would have that Authorization Code on the inside cover of the Getting Started Guide that came with your system. See kb351651 for more info about Authorization Codes.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyco View Post
It looks like everything is back to the way it was but when I try to open Pro Tools, I get an error message that says " ProTools hardware is either not installed or used by another program" My digi002 is on and is connected!
Could be as easy as the 002 is being used by app. Check system settings - digi hardware manager.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 AM

Bob L.

Thank you, it was the authorization code. Everything is working now.

Thanks again, although you didn't have to be so insulting in your last line. Not everyone has a full understanding of Pro Tools and has the time to figure it out!