Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 03:22 AM

Default No RT Preview of Waves 5.2 in Audiosuite

Hi,
we are planning to purchase the Waves Diamond Bundle for our PT HD 7.31 System. To test them we installed the 14 days trial version and the PT7 updater. When using Waves PlugIns in the Audiosuite the preview stops when changing any values. Is this a known bug, a limitation of the trial version (...I think it has full functionality) or something wrong in our configuration?
Maybe its a known issue and someone having experiece to resolve?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: No RT Preview of Waves 5.2 in Audiosuite

I HAVE noted this as a bug since 7.2 - has anyone else? I'm running PT 7.3.1 on an XP System with Waves Gold (Waves 5.0.3) and Digirack plugs.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:05 AM

This is a known issue. I'm not sure if waves has fixed this or not. Check with them.
Peace,
Brandon
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 01-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Like Brandon said, its a known issue, for plugins that use Waveshell 5.0x there is a waveshell in beta that you could ask Waves for send it to you,if you have your WUP active, for Waveshell 5.2 no waveshell beta available (all the plugins that use 5.2 waveshell like IR-1 and others the problem still precist).

Try to go to the Waves Forum and see the thread that i made

http://forum.waves.com/

"when the audiosuite bug will be resolved?!"

Do what the moderator say.

i hope it could help you.

Regards,

Marco Bernardo

ps: sorry for my english

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 01-19-2007, 10:31 AM

Thanks Marco,
actually I don't have an active WUP in fact I'm testing Waves-Plugs-Demo to find out which ones we need for our coming projects. Does this Waveshell really work? No Problems?
Right now we feel a little insecure to purchase a product that seems to be incompatible/buggy with our actual version of PT (7.31)... think I should contact a Waves-reseller to hear his solutions...
Old 01-19-2007, 01:02 PM

hi,

I'm using 7.2 cs2, i've waited about 1 year to waves made a waveshell BETA that resolve the preview issue, but only in some plugins, X-click stops working if you have the Restoration pack the others work fine. No other issues that i could see on the beta waveshell, dont forget this beta is only for the plugins that use 5.0x waveshell, all the plugins that use 5.2 waveshell still have the problem.

The policy of waves company is not so good for the costumers, but is just my 2 cents. They have good sound and its easy to use and understand, but i dont think worth the money that we pay.

Try talk to the waves reseller and see if he have more news about it.

Regards,

Marco Bernardo

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro