Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 05:42 PM

Default If I ever needed help with a Digi 002...it\'s now!

Hey guys,
I've had my Digi 002 for 2+ years and never experienced the kind of problem I am right now. It's freaking me out a bit.
Any session I open, the faders of the 002 will not respond by hand...they sit as if frozen by the motors. If you move them against their 'will', they have no effect on the session but quickly snap back to the set/original position.
However, I can adjust the faders on the screen (with the mouse) as normal.
ANY help that you guys can offer on this one is much appreciated.

J.D

P.S I replaced the power harness and supply about 1.5 years back.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Re: If I ever needed help with a Digi 002...it\'s now!

It doesn't sound like the typical power harness problem BUT....I would still open the unit and reseat all the harness connections. I have to reseat mine every 6 months but 20 minutes and I am back in business. You never know, this might fix it or at least eliminate it from consideration.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-28-2006, 06:30 PM

Thanks for the post Albee.
Unfortunately, just tried that and no dice.

Since I've come to depend upon the hands on 'control' aspect of the 002, this is killing me.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:57 PM

J.D.
If it means anything, mine does this. I have deleted all instances of history, digi database bs, and pretty much rebuilt my machine. I noticed it started around the 6.9 era of Pro Tools. My faders work, however they do not keep their settings if I bank, etc. Automation works, but it sticks for a second. The fluid motion of the faders just is not what it was. Sad....

Thoughts DIGI SUPPORT?

May have to start swearing on here to flag em?

Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 08-28-2006, 08:14 PM

Thanks Doc.

This definitely appears to be an electrical/mechanical problem with the 002 itself, which is particularly disturbing.

I considered reinstalling Pro Tools until I realized I can move the faders on the screen and the corresponding ones on the 002 match perfectly...but try and do it the other way around....impossible. So it's not a program glitch.

In fact, I tried different computers running PT and FW cables. The 002 faders not moving to the touch (or in weird, unuseable ways) is the one constant.

Again, if anyone can point me in the right direction for a solution, it's much appreciated.

J.D

(Oh yeah, I've disabled groups and automation in multiple sessions to try and see if it was related to such things and it wasn't)
Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks Doc.

This definitely appears to be an electrical/mechanical problem with the 002 itself, which is particularly disturbing.

I considered reinstalling Pro Tools until I realized I can move the faders on the screen and the corresponding ones on the 002 match perfectly...but try and do it the other way around....impossible. So it's not a program glitch.

In fact, I tried different computers running PT and FW cables. The 002 faders not moving to the touch (or in weird, unuseable ways) is the one constant.

Again, if anyone can point me in the right direction for a solution, it's much appreciated.

J.D

(Oh yeah, I've disabled groups and automation in multiple sessions to try and see if it was related to such things and it wasn't)
try plugging the 002 into a differnt outlet,

i remember reading years ago people having problem with there faders on there 002's and it had to do with the eletrical outlet itself.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:20 PM

Default Re: If I ever needed help with a Digi 002...it\'s n

I don't know if someone already mentioned this but...

Did you try on the 002 itself - 1. restoring to defaults? and 2. Resetting the firmware?

I can't remember the button combos off the top of my head, but a quick search would tell ya.

Also, I heard that Digi developed their "final" power harness sometime early 2005. They had 3 revisions I believe. Depending on when you got yours, you might want to try getting the newest revision if you truelly think it could be power harness/power supply related. But from what I can tell, it seems like something else is wrong. The power harness would cause different problems like connectivity issues and stuck mute lights or no sample rate light...etc

Good luck man!
Old 08-29-2006, 04:05 AM

I had this problem about 2 years ago...after installing a new power harness...which apparently went bad too. A new harness from Digi solved the problem...
Old 08-29-2006, 06:39 AM

So now what, all we do is call DIGI and say "I need a power harness."

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 08-29-2006, 08:31 AM

J.D.,
Just got off the line with Matt at DIGI and he is sending me a harness, etc today. I will swap it out and see what happens if it changes, etc.

Thanks Matt for the help and I will let ya know.

Doc

Monument Sound Facebook