Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

ok ive been recording in pro tools for about 2 years now using 002r. i have done a few short courses in the engineering side of it and i did pro tools course 101. i iwll continue it but jsut dont have to time right now.

anyways im ready to post some of my stuff that ive been doing over the few years.

AiM Studios

the songs signify and war were done just recently for their demo, i used mainly 57mics and beta57 for kick and rode nt5s for overheads, i used 57s to mic up guitar amps and i used the bass mic and di for bass tracks.
i used a behringer 32ch 8bus mixing desk for the drums and the overheads i used m-audio octane. i didnt eq it at all on the mixer. it was all done in PT

vocals funny enough i used a behringer B1 pro, not the best thing but i couldnt get my hands on anything else at the time. i really like how those two songs came out mainly because we only recorded mixed and mastered them all in about 2weekends worth

the other songs throttle and our story were done late last year, this was some demos done which was my 1st reall recording/mixing sessions in PT.

Please let me know what you think either adding me to myspace or on this forum or sending me a private message..

Cheers
Matt
Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 AM

Hello boys and girls, I just finished a new record that will be coming out late October and have a couple tunes up from the new project titled "Robot Robbery" and "Land of Many Drums". If you may be so kind to give them a listen and send any feedback my way, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Give them a listen here
Old 08-29-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Latest Stuff...

Quote:
Quote:
A good friend of mine requested me record her for a Holiday gift to her family. It was recorded in her church.

http://mp3.ehmz.org/Vonda/Clare.mp3

Please Enjoy !

Take Care,
Gene

Beautiful, Gene...DeBussy is my favorite of them all...that put me in a rather zen-hypno state, and I had to snap out of it to write this... ...well played and recorded.

~Roy
Thanks Roy, this has been a lot of fun for a very good friend. We had a second session last night, please enjoy !

http://mp3.ehmz.org/Vonda/Wayfaring.mp3

Thanks again for listening !

Take Care,
Gene
Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
ok ive been recording in pro tools for about 2 years now using 002r. i have done a few short courses in the engineering side of it and i did pro tools course 101. i iwll continue it but jsut dont have to time right now.

anyways im ready to post some of my stuff that ive been doing over the few years.

AiM Studios

the songs signify and war were done just recently for their demo, i used mainly 57mics and beta57 for kick and rode nt5s for overheads, i used 57s to mic up guitar amps and i used the bass mic and di for bass tracks.
i used a behringer 32ch 8bus mixing desk for the drums and the overheads i used m-audio octane. i didnt eq it at all on the mixer. it was all done in PT

vocals funny enough i used a behringer B1 pro, not the best thing but i couldnt get my hands on anything else at the time. i really like how those two songs came out mainly because we only recorded mixed and mastered them all in about 2weekends worth

the other songs throttle and our story were done late last year, this was some demos done which was my 1st reall recording/mixing sessions in PT.

Please let me know what you think either adding me to myspace or on this forum or sending me a private message..

Cheers
Matt
Sounds like you're well on your way Matt. Personally I like the vocals louder than that, but thats a taste thing.
Hey are you on Melband?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:38 PM

hey thanks for listening and giving me some feedback Aussie169 , i think vocals are too loud in some parts but i guess we all have different tastes..

yea i am on melband..lol i havent used it or been there for like 6months or so now, my user name is blackstar or something like that... lol
Old 08-30-2006, 12:32 AM

We could also be talking about different pieces. I only had time to listen to the first track and a half.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:

Thanks Roy, this has been a lot of fun for a very good friend. We had a second session last night, please enjoy !

http://mp3.ehmz.org/Vonda/Wayfaring.mp3

Thanks again for listening !

Take Care,
Gene

Love it, Gene.....another nice job.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Hey All... first post here and a brand new pro tools user. I just recently upgraded from a Roland 1680... to PT 7... so I got a lot of learning to do. I would like your opinions on a couple of mixes here. These songs were tracked on my 1680, then brought over to protolols for mixing and such. I wouldn't call these done, but i would like some feedback before I continue.

Here they are...

2 Songs

They are both meant to be kinda raw and such...

Blindfold turned out more country than I anticipated.. mostly due to the bass.. I think.

Behind the Blinds is a super rough song. All tracks were first takes w/ out us really knowing the song.. so it's meant to sound a bit sloppy and what not. VERY minimal micing on the drums. Sloppy drums, slop guitars etc, needs some editing, etc.. The bass drum needs more presence.. and some other stuff.. well, that's why I am posting these songs.. I could use some feedback

Opinions are welcomed.. please

-b
Old 09-01-2006, 12:28 AM

Here's a new tune I'm working on, please let me know what you think.

http://collar.dmusic.com/

Direct Link - I Can't Wait

I've been having trouble with the direct link, so if it doesn't work try the top link.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:25 AM

I'm pretty close to finishing my first recording using protools. I would very much appreciate someone telling me what they think, and also giving some mixing/mastering advice. I just can't seem to get it quite right. My biggest concern is that it is just not loud enough, but with the master fader almost peaking during the bounce, I don't know how to get it any louder. Anyway, thank you for listening and helping me get it together.

Prodigal