Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2001, 02:45 PM

Default Timecode-Workaround

Here is my Solution for the missing Timecode in Pro Tools LE (I don´t know if this has already been covered in this Forum):

You need the Audiosuite PlugIn Pitch´n Time from Serato (Demo and Manual dowloadable from http://www.serato.com)

If you open it, you see a Section called "Length". This shows the Start, End and Length of your current Selection. If you click on Preferences (right upper corner) you can select the Length/Position Units. Choose Timecode (or Feets+Frames) and your Selection will be displayed in Timecode.

If you want to Spot a Region to a specific TC-Position, you can enter this Position in the Field "After", then go to the Preferences and select the Unit of your Main Time Scale (Min:Sec or Samples) and the Position will be displayed in this Unit.
This is what you have to enter in the Spot-Regions-Dialog.

Works great for me.

Pitch´n Time also offers some more amazing features:
- Hi-Quality Timestretching and Pitch-Shifting, phase-coherent on up to 48 Tracks (oops- sorry, i almost forgot that we only have 24)
- graphical control of Pitch and Speed
- you can easily make the length of a region fit the length of you selection (somehow like the Time Trimmer on TDM-Systems, but better Quality)

Now we only need a Plug In that offers virtual Tracks