Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 09:53 PM

Default Trouble bouncing to disk

I am having trouble bouncing to disk. I have a Powerbook G4, 1Ghz, 1GB Ram, Mac OS 10.3.5, Protools 6.4. I have an Mbox. I'm mixing a song with about 25-30 tracks and not too many plug-ins (3-4 mono rennaissance EQ's and 2 reverbs and a digi delay). after I bounce it goes all the way through and the an error message comes up...
Could not complete "Bounce to disk..." command because: Assertion in "ff_audio Property.cpp", Line 33.

I did a search for this problem and asked a few people who have had the same problem but the only thing I could come up with was the digi site said to select a little before or after the original selection and that sometimes worked.... I tried it but no cigar... The only thing I can do to fix it is trash the prefs.... this happens once a day and my clients get worried....

If anyone can help it would be greatly appriciated! Thanks so much guys.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Trouble bouncing to disk

Make sure your hardware buffer size is set to DEFAULT (I think # 2) --- Check/try/DO this first and foremost..

Then if problem still persists, and you ARE on the default buffer size, it may be a corupted fade file issue. Trash your fade files folder for that session, and let Pro Tools rebuild them automatically...

Hope This Helps --
Old 10-13-2004, 05:28 AM

I had a simiilar problem some time ago. I don't remember if the error message was the same, but the way I got around it was to create a new folder on the same drive and save a new version (new file name) of the session there and then bounce. Doesn't happen at all on my new computer, but on my G4 it used to happen sometimes.

Sometimes I'd change the drive that the BTD was going to. I think my old computer preferred to BTD to the system drive. I think it was having trouble bouncing from and to the same drive.

BTW, I know it's obvious, but you're selecting "convert after bounce" right?

Hope that helps...
Old 10-13-2004, 08:11 AM

Thanks so much I'm gonna try it.