Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Help with relinking...

Hey guys... I have read a bunch of the relinking posts however "Save session copy in" is not an option for me... I'm working out of town with a new client and after transfering her files (from a USB 2.0 drive formatted as both Mac and PC Exchange) to my internal HD the files show up as UNIX executable files...

I can change them to .pts session files and they will open... but the audio files that are in the audio files folder WILL NOT link... (they are all there! I can see them and on the relink page... I can see them) they show up as UNIX executable files too...even when I change their suffix to.wav they still won't link... I can't change the usb2.0 drive to a recordable drive either... it's not a PT compatible volume....

if i try to import them I can't because it tells me PT can't recognize them... There is no way for me to Save session copy in because this is the only drive I have.

I have a Tibook 1Ghz, 1GB ram, OSX 10.3.5, PT 6.4, MBOX

Is there anything I can do for my PT to recognize the files...?

Please help I'm in a pinch.... Cel
Old 03-03-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Help with relinking...

the files also come up in a weird grey icon.... both session and audio files.... I have done searching but no cure.. please help...
Old 03-03-2005, 12:38 PM

I had a similar issue once and what was happening was that the re-link window for some reason was not showing the file names exactly as they were in unix. It's been a while but i can remember that an extra file extension got added to the file name in the re-link window but did not show in the real file name in unix. This happened after I renamed some audio files so I could import them into jam as right and left mono files (.L & .R) and then changed them back to the protools extensions so I could continue using them in the protools session. ---And to make matters worse, I don't think the extra extension was visable in the re-link window until I clicked on the file name.--- Anyways, it is possible to have the re-link window get messed up when changing file names and to correct it I had to modify the file name in the re-link window.

randy
Old 03-03-2005, 12:43 PM

ok I'll try that....Cel

ok that didn't work ... when I tried to drag it in to Jam... it told me it wasn't a supported format... it will not play in iTunes either... or Quicktime... Cel
Old 03-03-2005, 05:10 PM

this drive is a western digital usb 2.0, and the guy who originally formatted it did so in the Macintosh PC exchange format... Anybody with experience with Western Digital drives? Is there anything special I have to do? I think it's because of this that I'm having the major problems... Please everybody... Format MAC Extended!!!!

I'm kind of desperate... Cel