Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Roxio Jam 6 with Core Audio 6.9

Quote:
Please be patient - we are working on this as quickly as possible and any updates to address this will be posted and notice will be given on the DUC.
THANK YOU!!! that's all we wanted. just an acknowledgement of existence. thanks again.

--
lance
Old 06-16-2005, 12:55 PM

No pressure, I have no complaints about digi - i think you all are the best software company in the audio biz

whenever i see a mean-spirited complainer, all i have to do is go visit some of the competitions websites and notice their forums - not nearly active or non-existent. This is what makes digidesign an industry leader in my book.

Future System 2021 14inch M1 Pro / 16MB Ram / 512 / Monterrey
Old 06-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Avid

Well, thanks. It's good to hear that. It can be difficult giving bad news, or no news at all. Believe me, we try to get on things as quickly as possible but, unfortunately, it's not always as easy as telling someone to 'fix it'.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:15 AM

Hey all

I was wondering if there is an applescript workaround OR ANY WORKAROUND for this core audio issue? I cannot get Sibelius G7 to run at all now. (I don't think any of us can run Jam) G7 crashes when it sees the 6.92 core audio - the version prior (panther) - i had to switch the 002 into standalone and G7 worked. Not using core audio but avoiding it... Now (tiger) it won't avoid the core audio and makes no difference if the 002 is in standalone or not.

anyway - if there was an applescript that dealt with plists,audio prefs, and little files i know nothing about - maybe this would solve our issues until the new coreaudio is released????

as a for instance (i found this on macfixit) this applescript is a workaround for increasing performance issues in Safari. AND just wondered if this might solve the core audio issue too???? Or maybe it isn't applicable at all..... I will experiment today.... But I am not an applescript geek. Nor do i know if there EXISTS a workaround.

BELOW FROM MACFIXIT

Over the past few days we've been covering a workaround that involves deleting the com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist to alleviate some performance problems in Safari.

Yesterday we posted a small AppleScript that will delete the QuickTime .plist file in question, as well as a few other preference files that may cause issues with Safari from time to time. Unfortunately, because of a line break issue with some browsers, a few users had problems compiling the script. Also, the previously published script required modification of several lines in order to indicate the correct user Library folder.

MacFixIt reader Leon has now submitted an improved AppleScript that performs the same functions as yesterday's script, but adds deletion of Safari's cache and requires no user modification. Simply copy and paste the following text into a blank new script in Script Editor (located in Applications/AppleScript), compile, and run. Note that your trash will be emptied by the script, so ensure that no important items reside there before executing.

tell application "Safari" to quit
tell application "Finder"
set x to (path to current user folder) as text
set y to x & "Library:Caches:Safari" as text
set z to x & "Library:Safari:History.plist" as text
set zz to x & "Library:Preferences:
com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist" as text
if (exists item y) then
delete item y
end if
if (exists item z) then
delete item z
end if
if (exists item zz) then
delete item zz
end if
empty trash
end tell
Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 PM

Any Updates? I just unknowingly stepped into this OS 10.3.9/Jam 6.0.3/Core Aydio Driver 6.9 combination today. I can't get Jam or Taost to play thorugh my Digi hardware. Any new fixes?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:26 PM

i got itunes to play through the digi core. but not the roxio stuff. but when i look in the midi/audio soft for tiger, it shows digi hardware operating at 32 bit and you can't change it to 16 or 24. perhaps that's the wrinkle.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:13 PM

Hmmmmm.... over 6 weeks and still no fix.....
Old 07-18-2005, 11:31 AM

bump...
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:28 PM

bump

Glad I kept my 10.3.8 / 6.7 partition. I do need to hear my Jam from time to time...

-Casey
Old 07-20-2005, 08:13 PM

fix posted.

http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs/692cs2/hdmac/

--
lance