Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM

Default Some one please lend a hand

my Pro Tools crossgrade is not opening i have had it for about 6 months now and it was working fine.

I had my computer serviced this past weekend just to upgrade

I put all my data back on my computer and re installed all my software everything else is working fine but every time i try to open my pro tools 10
i get a pop up saying
Old 07-24-2012, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Some one please lend a hand

You must have missed this link in the header of this forum page: Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

And a "popup saying" exactly what?

Darryl
Old 07-24-2012, 11:36 AM

Default Some one please lend a hand

my Pro Tools crossgrade is not opening i have had it for about 6 months now and it was working fine.

I had my computer serviced this past weekend just to upgrade

I put all my data back on my computer and re installed all my software everything else is working fine but every time i try to open my pro tools 10
i get a pop up saying

"Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on".

I don't think its an I Lok problem because my computer is reading my I Lok fine, and i don't think it's a Fast Track Pro issue my computer is reading the Fast Track and the Drivers fine..

so can someone who has had this issue (i know someone has) could you please spare a few seconds and help me out!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:42 AM

no man i just registered here mainly for the problems ive been having
Old 07-24-2012, 11:46 AM

i just regestered not too long ago and the pop up is saying

("Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on".)
Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megastrophic_man View Post
i just regestered not too long ago and the pop up is saying

("Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on".)
Registered what? were?

You are more likely to get help when you slow down and read the link I gave you and include the information asked for there. We cannot guess what version of Pro Tools or what computer or operating system you are running on. Please provide hat information and more asked for that link, including if you are on Windows a Sandra report.

And what audio interface (make and model) are you trying to use, if on Pro Tools 9 or 10 have you installed the OS drivers for that hardware?

Darryl
Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM

my operating system is windows 7 im running a pro tools 10 crossgrade from m-powered to PT 10 im not really understanding the help us help you columb either
Old 07-24-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megastrophic_man View Post
my operating system is windows 7 im running a pro tools 10 crossgrade from m-powered to PT 10 im not really understanding the help us help you columb either
Read it again slowly, step by step, and do each steps one at the time.

The first thing you should do is follow these steps by steps instuction to optimize win7 for pro tools, click me.

Then if the problem persists

Use the sisoftware sandra application to get the information that is required to help you. Click me.

Once it's installed on your computer run the program.
Click on the hardware tab
click run computer overview
Once that's done click in the report use the shortcut ctrl+a to select everything.
use the shortcut ctrl+c to copy everything.
In this thread edit your first post and use the shortcut ctrl+V to paste everything you copied in sandra.

once all that is done we'll be able to help you.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Avid

Hi,

If you are still having issues with your interface here are a couple of quick things you can check/try.

I have seen the Fast Track Pro look like it's installed and still not get picked up by Pro Tools and sometimes it's control panel. It happens every now and again and I'm not sure why. Here are some things that have resolved this on my system in the past.

Disconnect the Fast Track Pro from your PC.

Uninstall the Fast Track Pro driver you currently have installed.

Download the latest 6.0.7 driver posted at this link:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...81&OS=x79#tabs

Without connecting your Fast Track Pro run the driver installer.

After the installer completes connect your Fast Track Pro to a USB 2.0 port on your PC (USB 3.0 ports can be problematic), let Windows find the hardware and do its thing. Windows should find and install the hardware.

On the Pro Tools side:

Set Pro Tools to run as administrator.

Turn off UAC.

Enable DEP.

Launch Pro Tools and when the splash screen appears (the purple/black window that says Pro Tools and shows what is loading as the Pro Tools application launches) hold down the N key on your PC's keyboard.

This should bring up the Playback Engine dialog. Look at the top of the Playback Engine dialog. There is a drop-down selector where you can select your Current Playback Engine. Make sure that this drop down is set to your Fast rack Pro.

Hope this helps.