Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Corrupt session data

I had this problem yesterday and would like to know if there is another way of dealing with this. I had recorded a lot of tracks and mixed them as I went. Saved. I opened another track with Garritan's Personal Orchestra and started recording. It was kinda slow redrawing (since there were already a lot of tracks and plugs going on) but it recorded nonetheless. Then all of a sudden the tracks continued playing but the cursor froze, I couldn't click on anything. After trying rebooting, waiting, etc I restarted the computer. PT loaded. The session started loading but just before it finished loading, PT would close without any error message. After trying many more times I would sometimes get a "access violation" or error log or something. I knew the tracks where there (you could see them with windows explorer and they did start loading) but the session data seemed to be corrupt. I unistalled all plugs (Waves, URS, PSP, GPO) and even PT. Reinstalled PT and that didn't work. Reinstalled plugs one by one and that didn't work. All this took me more than 2 hrs.

This morning I opened a new session and tried the Inport Session Data command. Started loading but closed PT or gave an access violation again, just like before. Then I started importing just some tracks at a time. After 4 or 5 imports, I was able to import everything except the master fader. When I tried the master fader it would close again. It seemed as there was something corrupt associated with the master fader track. No problem, since the only plug on it was L1 and pow-r dither. At last (and after aprox 4 hrs) I had the session back, with all plugs, automations, etc.

Windows did find that some files were corrupt and truncated, moved or fixed them when restarting.

I know, backing up a session is VERY important, but I had started it yesterday and I usually backup at the end of the day (usually 3-4 hrs of work at night). I guess I have to work on this.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: Corrupt session data

Have you tried trashing preferences yet?

If not, I would start there, to see if it helps.

Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x General Troubleshooting
Old 11-04-2005, 08:54 AM

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried this yet, in fact hadn't seen it. I will certainly try this today!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:54 AM

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried this yet, in fact hadn't seen it. I will certainly try this today!