Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2022, 03:47 PM

Default Wave Arts and Montery 12.6 glitch

I installed OS 12.6 on my Mac Pro 2019, and then installed Wave Arts Suite 6 for Pro Tools. Trying to use Multidynamics 6 to clean up some dialog as I have for years, and now the automation window in the plug in deselects all of the enabled automation parameters from the window on every pass. It make the plug in unusable. Anyone else have this issue. It's killing me!
Old 10-23-2022, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Wave Arts and Montery 12.6 glitch

I have an issue with the Final Plug resetting if you close and reopen the window, so I click the target and leave it open all the time. (Win 10)
Hit up their tech support…they’re very responsive.
Old 10-25-2022, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Wave Arts and Montery 12.6 glitch

This is what I found on their website regarding the automation glitch:

"Our plug-ins normally expose an "Enable" parameter, like an on/off switch. Pro Tools expects a "Bypass" parameter with the opposite sense. So our AAX format plugs create a proxy Bypass parameter and connect this to Pro Tools. However, if you have selected *both* Enable and Bypass for automation, it's easy for the two parameters to get out of sync, and then when playing back automation the plug may randomly be bypassed when you don't want it to be. Very frustrating.

The workaround is to never select both Bypass and Enable for automation at the same time. In Pro Tools it's preferable to automate only the Bypass parameter. We plan to address this issue in a future update"