Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Digimax LT using internal clock?

Hey there everyone, I just got handed a mix that was recorded with the internal clock, and I have the presonus digimaxLT that I use as my pre-amp. How do I get it to be record enabled and not pop without changing the clock to ADAT? Because when I do that, the song speeds up tremendously. Do I need to push "Ext. Clock" on the digimax, change the sample rate, anything? Thank-you so much!!

bret
PowerPC G5 dual 2.0gz
7 gigs ram
2 TB HD
Tannoy Monitors
Yamaha NS-10
Old 03-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Digimax LT using internal clock?

Quote:
I have the presonus digimaxLT that I use as my pre-amp. How do I get it to be record enabled and not pop without changing the clock to ADAT?
You probably can't.

Digimax LT has only ADAT output, so the only way to get clock into the box would be the Wordclock I/O, which you do not have in your 002R. The workaround would be to use some box that has SPDIF I/O and Wordclock I/O to get the internal clock out of the 002R via SPDIF I/O and then feed it to Digimax LT via Wordclock I/O.

So you're better off by just clocking to Digimax LT via ADAT.

Quote:
Because when I do that, the song speeds up tremendously.
Then you have sampling rate mismatch, because if the sampling rates match the speed will stay the same. If for example your tracks have been recorded at 44.1 and you later on try to clock at 48, then it speeds up. The solution would be to clock to 44.1 which has been used originally.

So if you clock to ADAT, you have to set correct sampling rate to Digimax LT manually. Just think what you're doing and it's going to be allright.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Digimax LT using internal clock?

Quote:
Quote:
I have the presonus digimaxLT that I use as my pre-amp. How do I get it to be record enabled and not pop without changing the clock to ADAT?
You probably can't.

Digimax LT has only ADAT output, so the only way to get clock into the box would be the Wordclock I/O, which you do not have in your 002R. The workaround would be to use some box that has SPDIF I/O and Wordclock I/O to get the internal clock out of the 002R via SPDIF I/O and then feed it to Digimax LT via Wordclock I/O.

So you're better off by just clocking to Digimax LT via ADAT.

Quote:
Because when I do that, the song speeds up tremendously.
Then you have sampling rate mismatch, because if the sampling rates match the speed will stay the same. If for example your tracks have been recorded at 44.1 and you later on try to clock at 48, then it speeds up. The solution would be to clock to 44.1 which has been used originally.

So if you clock to ADAT, you have to set correct sampling rate to Digimax LT manually. Just think what you're doing and it's going to be allright.
thank-you! and yes, I just don't think I thought about it enough when I was setting it up. After I made this post I went back and messed around with it and got it to work just fine. I didn't even think about the change in sample rate. But thank-you again!
PowerPC G5 dual 2.0gz
7 gigs ram
2 TB HD
Tannoy Monitors
Yamaha NS-10