How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2017, 02:06 AM

Default Confusion with fade commands

Hi guys,

I'm confused with some of the fade commands.

I know that I can create fades to start and end with D and G, and I can set their default shape in the preferences.
I know that I can select multiple clips and hit command+F to open the fades dialogue and apply mulitple fades at once.
But I haven't really figured out what F does. When I select a clip and hit F, nothing happens. When I drag a selection over a clip and hit F, it creates a fade. But where I can set the default shape? It is neither the default fade in/fade out shape nor the shape set in the fades dialogue.

Hope you can help me out.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Confusion with fade commands

"F" is crossfade over an edit between two clips. Default shape is the crossfade shape set in preferences.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6