Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 8.03 white noise bursts...

I get it with my Mbox 2 mini and 8.0.3 Sometimes it goes away if I (return to 0) and start over. Often comes after an edit of sorts. I'm using a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop Core 2 8100 with 4 gig ram and Windows XP prof. Does it go away if I down grade to 8.0.1?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 PM

I think I found my problem, I disable the blutooth on my computer and it hasn't done it since.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 PM

Hey Danny, It's not just you. On the 32 and 64 bit systems we are getting snaps pops and distotion with 8.0.3. It improves a bit with huge buffer sizes but 8.0.1 is far better. So the answer for us is 8.0.1 on XP 32bit for real sessions... And 8.0.3 on W7 64 just for fun, but not for serious recording.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Hey Danny, It's not just you. On the 32 and 64 bit systems we are getting snaps pops and distotion with 8.0.3. It improves a bit with huge buffer sizes but 8.0.1 is far better. So the answer for us is 8.0.1 on XP 32bit for real sessions... And 8.0.3 on W7 64 just for fun, but not for serious recording.
Thanks Tom.. It seemed to work fine for a few days, but man.. it's bonkers now.

I opened a session a bit ago, 1 stereo audio stem, one click, one inst. track (inactive), one stereo audio track taken from the inst track VI (Xpand2).

Brand new restart for everything, database and prefs trashed with V2 tech utility...

I activate the VI track, hear a pop... then, no audio on anything.. no matter what I do.

Shut everything down and restart... working fine now. This is just like a year ago with 8.0 and the click/midi thing...

DTS?
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 PM

I'm sure this will all sort out... we just can't get too impatient.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I'm sure this will all sort out... we just can't get too impatient.
I think, (hope), I got all my 'grumpy" out last year... To paraphrase Robin Trower, this will be "the year of sighs..."

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:17 PM

I think I'm in trouble on this one....

Tech support just emailed me and told me I was using a beta release of protools (8.0.3) on an unsupported OS (Win7)...

I clearly stated in the support ticket that I was using WinXP Pro SP3 (no IE8)..... (and isn't 8.0.3 and official update?)

I'm doomed... doomed I tell ya'.....

In all fairness to TS, I'm sure he's busy... He's a pretty good guy and I've dealt with him before.

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
I think I'm in trouble on this one....

Tech support just emailed me and told me I was using a beta release of protools (8.0.3) on an unsupported OS (Win7)...

I clearly stated in the support ticket that I was using WinXP Pro SP3 (no IE8)..... (and isn't 8.0.3 and official update?)

I'm doomed... doomed I tell ya'.....

In all fairness to TS, I'm sure he's busy... He's a pretty good guy and I've dealt with him before.

I don't know, they are not putting it up on the regular udate page yet so...

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-08-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:

I don't know, they are not putting it up on the regular udate page yet so...

I've already heard back again... As I thought, he's buried to his nose in Win7 problems..

He's a pretty decent guy that I've dealt with 4 or 5 times over the years... I'll be sure to let everyone know if we figure something out.

He requested a SANDRA and wanted to know if I was using any digital I/O with the 003r... I am in fact. A small keyboard controller through the 003 Midi IN port.... Maybe I'll get lucky and that will be the culprit. I'll gladly burn it. (It will make my argument for spending more money this year seem reasonable to wifey).

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:17 PM

I started having the same issue last night. I am running WinXp SP3 on a Dell Precision 380 and recently installed the 8.0.3 update (all supported). I also recently purchased the Waves SSL 4000 package and installed it but it sure sounds like this is related to 8.0.3 from what I'm reading here.

Another thing I noticed - I'm getting some Windows sidebyside dll errors in the Windows system event log - this also seems to be after the 8.0.3 update. The errors I am seeing seem to be dlls for the C24 and 003 - I have an 002r -- and MSVCRT80. Anyone else seeing this? Not sure if its related.

Last night I was using the Audiosuite version of the SSL EQ on a few tracks and would get the bursts of noise. If I wait a few seconds, then turn the volume back up audio would actually play but the tracks would be out of sync so it sounded like someone put a random delay on some of the tracks. That and sometimes the static would burst randomly. Really nasty! I was using headphones on very low volume for this.

If I close Pro Tools, reboot and restart it, it would work fine for a a little while again then the static would be back. REALLY difficult to work when you are on again off again every 5 minutes.

Hopefully you hear back from support soon. I may have to go back to 8.0.1 also.

Mike
Win10
www.studiodrumtracks.com
www.doubledogrecording.com