Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2017, 12:39 PM

Default Unable to open Pro Tools after updating to 12.7 system, even w Perpetual Licence

Hello,

After updating the software to 12.7, Pro Tools stopped working ever since. I have a Perpetual Licence wit support plan until Oct 2017. iLok shows the licence. But when I open Pro Tools, it says I have no licence activated, when in iLok Manager is actually activated!
Please, I'd appreciate your help, since I have a deadline and I'm unable to work now!!!

Thank you for your attention,
Joana
Old 05-28-2017, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Unable to open Pro Tools after updating to 12.7 system, even w Perpetual Licence

You need to install a later license compatible with 12.7 (and 12.6). I bet doing that is even described in the install documentation or release notes. It has been discussed on DUC hundreds of times. Which you can search for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2017, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Unable to open Pro Tools after updating to 12.7 system, even w Perpetual Licence

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I'm a bit confused though. I did install everything it was suppose I think and followed the steps from Application Manager. Am I missing something?

Thank you once again,
Old 05-28-2017, 03:38 PM

Hi and Welcome to the Community

Open ILM and sync repair your ilok 2 key and when dome make sure you open your ilok key on the ilok.com website and physically see that the license is on the ilok, not just in your account as that won't work. The license need to be on the ilok key.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-28-2017, 03:39 PM

Default Unable to open Pro Tools after updating to 12.7 system, even w Perpetual Licence

Yes you did not upgrade the license on your iLok it is a required part of this upgrade.

Documented all over, but you have to look/search for it. Like here... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...7-Release-Info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk