Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 AM

Default Midi Program Change Problem

I’m having difficulty sending Midi Program Change messages to my Axe-Fx II guitar processor. I’ve set it up in the Midi Studio and selected the appropriate inputs and outputs and all the channels are active. I’ve got a midi track and entered Program Change events at different times. I’ve checked them in the Midi Event List and made sure that the Bank Select 0 Controller is set to 0 and the 32 Controller is not used. The problem is that I see no midi activity received by my Axe-Fx. I’ve tried a different external midi device and again I see nothing coming from Pro Tools. The midi track is active during playback and I’ve tried putting regular notes in the track and they transmit OK. I don’t appear to have anything filtering the Program Change messages either in Pro Tolls or my external device.
I’m using a PC with Windows 7, 64 bit. I’ve done this before using Sonar so I don’t know why this isn’t working in Pro Tools. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Midi Program Change Problem

OK, problem solved. I ran PT10 with Administrator Rights and it worked OK.