Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 05:17 AM

Default midi time code and LE7 set-up

Have an LE7 with DV Toolkit that worked beautifully for a week and a half then it stopped working. I'm using a microlynx to supply MTC, and swapped out the microlynx, still no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to track down where the problem might be?
Thanks, JJ
Old 06-30-2006, 08:49 AM

Default Re: midi time code and LE7 set-up

oh, did you not buy the full version? that version only works in week and a half increments.

when you say "stopped working" you might need to be a bit more specific about what you are doing and what your setup is.

..yet a first guess is Pro Tools is not online and the transport is not correctly...
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 06-30-2006, 10:55 AM

I have an LE with Mbox 2 and DV toolkit running on a dual-processor PC. In anticipation of a move to an HD system at the end of the year I'm relearning PT with the LE. Currently using a DSP PostStation 2 mixer/editor and wanted to have the LE lock to it. This was working really well, then after booting up one morning I couldn't get it to lock. I've looked through the manuals, and talked to local reps and tech support with no luck. Maybe the midi-in port is dead on the Mbox? There's no sign of incoming code when looking at the "session" page.

The microlynx receives LTC from the DSP via a TC DA (TC looks fine) the LTC is then converted to MTC by the microlynx. Control of LE is enabled on the peripherals page. Locks to SPDIF. I've removed PT software and re-loaded, tried a different micro-lynx, nothing works. So, if anyone could give me a clue, (sarcasm-free) I'd really appreciate it.

JJ
Old 06-30-2006, 11:25 AM

if you figure it's your MIDI port on the Mbox, try hooking it up to a controller and set up a MIDI track, check if it's actually sending/receiving signal. I haven't worked much on PC with ProTools, but you might want to check all your I/O's are set up correctly and working. Personally I wouldn't try doing post on an Mbox, but I do understand if you're just trying to learn the program. My best advice to you is that if you plan on working on a PC never hook it up to the net, cause no matter what you'll always end up catching something from somewhere. so, just check your iLok to see if it's connected and has all the nec. lic's, troubleshoot all the I/O's and you might find the problem. Best of luck...CHEERS
Old 06-30-2006, 12:46 PM

it sounds to me as if a preference changed somewhere. i am not familair with the DSP unit -- though i know what it is.

perhaps a setting changges on the microlynx or the DSP or perhaps you need to toss preferemces in PT and reboot. especially if you are shutting down.

one thing that i do often is mistakenly toggle the transport control from Pro Tools to MMC. PT would stop going when i did this. it took me a while to figure that out. check ther too.

so, in short, double check that all settings are right. if you had it working, it strikes me that the problem lies there.

sarcasm? jeeeez!! i made a joke, that wasn't even directed at you! but i followed it up with helpful questions and an idea. now you've told us more -- which we needed -- which helps us help you.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash