Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2023, 08:09 AM

Default Meter peak level after bounce?

I recently upgraded to version 2023.6 after coming from 2020. When I used to bounce audio, the meters would do a quick jump at the end of the bounce, registering the sample peak of the audio. I would use this as a quick indication to see where things landed. I'm not sure if that was a bug, but I certainly used it as a feature. The 2023 version doesn't appear to do this, and I'm wondering if there's a setting I'm missing that will restore this.

Much of the work I do is archival and doesn't use much processing, so I don't want to put a limiter on anything.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 11-10-2023, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Meter peak level after bounce?

Hi maybe the peak/clip hold metering settings in Protools ?
Old 11-14-2023, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Meter peak level after bounce?

Thanks for the suggestion. There was no change after adjusting those settings. I was hopeful that the new installation didn't have peak hold activated and that that was the difference. I tried different meters and combinations of peak hold settings and nothing did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Hi maybe the peak/clip hold metering settings in Protools ?