Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2001, 02:06 AM

Default 9129error help me

I just purchased pt5.1 also a new P3 733/133 2/20 gig hd ,256 ram,just to run pt (everything pt recommends plus more) and have been having problems with error 9129 at normal playback, it tells me to try and change my buff size and I do but another error occurs (error 9093). I've changed all my settings to what dd recommends, DMA settings and such, but still no change. I called dd tech and they didn't know what the problem was, they mention that my FSB (@133) might be to fast for pt ??? ..and also suggested that I should partition my hard drive(audio) I haven't done any of that yet. I was hoping if there were any users out there that might have any ideas that make more sense to me. please help me
Old 04-30-2001, 08:29 AM

Default Re: 9129error help me

There's no reason why you'd have to partition your HD's. I run my Pro ToolsLE on a 40G HD, and I don't see that error anymore. When I did see it, it was because I was running a HD controller other than the standard MS one. This was for both the primary and secondary IDE controllers. Once I switched, and enabled DMA on both, life was good. I used to run PT on a P3 600, with a 20G HD, as you have, and had no problems there. So I wouldn't think partitioning would do any good.
Old 04-30-2001, 03:39 PM

Default Re: 9129error help me

thanks carcaridon for the advise. I've read about your problems with error 9??? and tried to compare it to mine and i'm not really sure if my mobo is the problem maybe you can try and give me some input. I have a alton (A631M) mainboard intel FC-PGA, ALI 1631 chipset. I've tried different settings and no luck.thanks

[This message has been edited by jimjam (edited April 30, 2001).]