Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2021, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Routing folders don't synch!!??

Track folders are great. Routing ones can be buggy for some people. Avid Cloud - just don't. I endured it for a year of colab with a VO talent before ditching it for Google Drive, which has worked brilliantly. It's not the same kind of tool in every respect. You take turns opening the session. But it works flawlessly and consistently and headache-free.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 06-03-2021, 09:11 AM

I can also say that I've had no issues with basic or routing folders. As noted, there was some confusion about routing when they were implemented. As a Logic and Reaper user, where folders have been the norm for years, I had no problems adapting to their implementation in Pro Tools.

There are certainly two schools of thought on how the routing should take place, and some have had "mirroring" issues between the mixer and arrange page, but overall, it's working fine here. My Post template is full of them.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 06-04-2021, 04:54 AM

I can't vouch for routing folders via PT Cloud as I've never used it.

But if people are talking generally about "problems with routing folders" I have to say this sounds more like user error to me. I've never had any problems with routing folders - they are after all just glorified auxes -and I've used them extensively over the last year. One track I mixed had 336 tracks on it (mainly unbounced BVs) - routing folders were an absolute godsend.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
I can't vouch for routing folders via PT Cloud as I've never used it.

But if people are talking generally about "problems with routing folders" I have to say this sounds more like user error to me. I've never had any problems with routing folders - they are after all just glorified auxes -and I've used them extensively over the last year. One track I mixed had 336 tracks on it (mainly unbounced BVs) - routing folders were an absolute godsend.
User error appears to be ruled out by the fact that the delay can be fixed simply by closing and reopening the session. It may be that certain plugins cause the bug to appear, so that those who don't have those installed don't experience it.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 06-04-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
User error appears to be ruled out by the fact that the delay can be fixed simply by closing and reopening the session. It may be that certain plugins cause the bug to appear, so that those who don't have those installed don't experience it.
Ah okay, not aware of this.