Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 03:25 PM

Default Re: PT 10 ...a disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I just want a freaking ASIO driver that works in Win7!!! focus on that Avid!
then why don't you go bother the actual maker of the drivers?

http://www.asio4all.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Do you think I am stupid?
Don't ask if you don't want an answer.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-21-2011, 04:22 PM

you do know that ASIO4ALL is a generic driver, one for pretty much all sound cards. and they don't make Avid's driver. you know this right?

I am forced to use ASIO4ALL instead of Avid's because this generic driver that also works for the $5 soundcard I can buy in the clearance bin, is more stable than Avid's crap driver. but because it's a generic driver it is unable to fully use the 003.

these are crap:

http://secure.digidesign.com/service...&localeCode=en

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...411&NewLang=en
Old 10-21-2011, 04:46 PM

The Core Audio driver in OSX is a bag of hurt! It barely works.

At least windows users have ASIO4ALL.

If digi users an OPEN format, then all developers can quickly turn out QUALITY PLUGINS, and fast.

It's stupid to not support one of the Industry Standards now.

UAD works fine for me. I didn't have to pay $10K to great sounding native plugins, and UAD 3 will be on the roadmap shortly anyways.

I'd like AVID to spend less time on AMC and come out with a great protools (64bit), new audio engine, reliable, and seamless integration with all platforms.

Last edited by wescravn; 10-21-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 10-21-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescravn View Post

At least windows users have ASIO4ALL.

If digi users an OPEN format, then all developers can quickly turn out QUALITY PLUGINS, and fast.

It's stupid to not support one of the Industry Standards now.

UAD works fine for me. I didn't have to pay $10K to great sounding native plugins, and UAD 3 will be on the roadmap shortly anyways.

I'd like AVID to spend less time on AMC and come out with a great protools (64bit), new audio engine, reliable, and seamless integration with all platforms.
Which CoreAudio driver?

I haven't had any problems with CoreAudio drivers since PT7.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-21-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Hmm tell me, what happens when you use outboard gear, like many pros are doing in recording studios, and that you cant because you want to bounce offline??
Lots of pros out there perhaps using a bit of outboard on the way in, but going ITB from there with fantastic results. There are simply a lot of advantages to staying ITB on mix (total recall and the ability to automate anythings are big ones). Plug-in quality has come a LONG way.

Quote:
The option will come, there's bigger things that needed to be done first, and they are mostly done.
But other products have now had this for many years (and many other things that PT still doesn't have).
Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescravn View Post
???

It's solid as a rock here.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:34 PM

No problems with core audio here with a metric halo. Way better than dae with my 002r.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 PM

It's totally obvious that Avid dropped the ball not right now but a while ago when they decided to not put there money on 64bit. Think about this though Freeze, Offline Bouncing, 32bit float uh is it me or is Avid late on a lot of things? The excuse that they are giving for not implementing 64bit is truly not a good excuse. They should have been working on 64bit ProTools years ago. You would expect a company this big grossing over 500 million a year to have a road map to at least reach 64bit by version 10 of it's flagship. I mean they should really fire someone high up. If TDM and RTAS is what is stopping this transition why not just dump it all together. Avid has been like apple for years anyway it's not like they ever really cared about switching things up and leaving there customers steamed aren't we steamed now paying 299 for a damn update? I mean 9 was a good idea but not executed. It's like they don't care about the quality they are putting out just add a couple features that should have been there already and get more money. I was highly upset earlier when I saw this 10 only because Avid hasn't even reached 9.1 yet. That just let's you know how much they value there product themselves $$$ If you had to pay for more testers and developers to make your customers happy then so be it. Avid is over priced anyway HD XD wetf that should be the same price as the uad cards gtf over yourselves really. The economy is bad enough in the U.S for this b.s. My dollar has value therefor my opinion and how I feel matters. 99.99 should have been the cost of this which should have been release as 9.1.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 PM

Also I believe if there is a work around reaper ect. to use 64bit with PT then that's even worse because some other company comes up with a solution before you do. It's like they think we are complete idiots. I blame the die hard pro tools users who act like Avid does no wrong. Think about it homie said it would cost too much money ect. So then they must be staying 32bit. Fool me once that's shame on you! Fool me twice that's shame on me! HD Native should be like 699 lmao if that. Prolly cost like 50 bucks to make if that.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrebelion View Post
It's totally obvious that Avid dropped the ball not right now but a while ago when they decided to not put there money on 64bit. Think about this though Freeze, Offline Bouncing, 32bit float uh is it me or is Avid late on a lot of things? The excuse that they are giving for not implementing 64bit is truly not a good excuse. They should have been working on 64bit ProTools years ago. You would expect a company this big grossing over 500 million a year to have a road map to at least reach 64bit by version 10 of it's flagship. I mean they should really fire someone high up. If TDM and RTAS is what is stopping this transition why not just dump it all together. Avid has been like apple for years anyway it's not like they ever really cared about switching things up and leaving there customers steamed aren't we steamed now paying 299 for a damn update? I mean 9 was a good idea but not executed. It's like they don't care about the quality they are putting out just add a couple features that should have been there already and get more money. I was highly upset earlier when I saw this 10 only because Avid hasn't even reached 9.1 yet. That just let's you know how much they value there product themselves $$$ If you had to pay for more testers and developers to make your customers happy then so be it. Avid is over priced anyway HD XD wetf that should be the same price as the uad cards gtf over yourselves really. The economy is bad enough in the U.S for this b.s. My dollar has value therefor my opinion and how I feel matters. 99.99 should have been the cost of this which should have been release as 9.1.
forcing 1000s of users to dump everything at once to replace it, no one would buy it.
this way people have time and can make a choice od how they want to proceed.
I agree the prices are steep but Hollywood is a pay to play town

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig