Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-1999, 06:08 PM

Default Bounce/Save Audio and MIDI

I have a session with audio and MIDI tracks. I want to save this in a file that I can give to other people to play. The best format would be QuickTime. I see a way to bounce audio to a QuickTime movie but not MIDI. Is there any way to save both the audio and MIDI tracks in a QuickTime movie file or another format that other people can play ?
Thanks,

Jeff Z
Old 12-16-1999, 07:04 PM
Avid

Default Re: Bounce/Save Audio and MIDI

If you want to give people an audio file that has both your audio tracks and your synth tracks, you can plug your synth(s) into input(s) on the audio interface, and create a corresponding Auxiliary Input(s) in your PT session. This will mix the audio coming in from the synths with the tracks in your session as you bounce.

There's not an easy way to get the whole session into a multi track (audio+midi) Quicktime movie, except to perhaps export your midi as a standard midi file and use another utility to combine this with the bounced audio.

-Paul Vercellotti
Digi Engineering

Paul Vercellotti
Avid Engineering
Old 12-16-1999, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Bounce/Save Audio and MIDI

Thanks. I hadn't thought to make the MIDI into audio. That's actually better since the file size won't be any larger because it already has an audio track and the synth part will sound the way I want it too and not use their MIDI synth.

Jeff