Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-1999, 09:53 PM

Default 001 rev1 problems...

I use a MIX|plus system,but sympathize with all you users having problems with PTle/001...anybody remember ProTools 1.0? or 2.0? what a mess-but digi stayed with it and got it right-sorry if you got bit-the product is very new, and I have issues with digi about the lack of Timecode and other pro features they intentionally crippled in this version-but they will make it right-the parent company (Avid)'s in a little trouble right now,so it's probably hard internally to get things done. Be patient and know you are using the best platform there is for audio on the Mac-it's good for users to complain-otherwise,they'd never fix it-but digi is a good company with a caring development and support staff (if you've ever tried to call Mark Of the Unicorn, you know what I mean).Hang with it, and keep bitching. And-no, I don't work for Digidesign...
Old 12-17-1999, 12:32 AM

Default Re: 001 rev1 problems...

rigbone-

you've said it in a nutshell. I don't care how many more plugin's Audiodesk, Logic Audio, of Paris have, or how many more tracks, etc. because it's just not Pro Tools. And the only reason I back this platform so rigidly is because it really is simply the best computer-based audio program around, hands down. Even if Pro Tools came with no plugin's whatsoever, I would still opt for it over any other program, any day. There you have it.