Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2012, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Stand alone editor? What.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by microstudio View Post
PT lover.... I know they would come to AVID's rescue

This thread is about "what the hell is taking so long" Lets stay focused.

Anyway I am done, I made my point and a AVID dude responded.

We will see what happens and take it from there. Peace!
It's not a matter of being a pt lover or not. It's a matter of understanding what is and has been going on w this company especially this last year and leading into this next year w an entire new line of hardware, new plugin format, and converting the software to 64 bit. I would love a standalone editor but it's obvious to see other things had to take precedence. I have faith it's coming. I have used this software professionally for over 11 years now and we are in the middle of the most exciting transition I have ever seen.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 PM

For me, seeing Avid starting to post again in 11r-related matters gives me some hope that they will deliver.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:20 AM

Amen!
With the Kemper gaining ground fast and Axe's sky-high price tag - the 11 sits as the best-modeller-bang-for-the-£-$.

But, it NEEDS and DESERVES a few tweaks to really make people sit up and notice -

Stand-Alone Editor
Custom IR loading.

Jeez, if the GSP1101 can handle IR loading...*bait bait*

Seriously, It's nice knowing that something may come along - but give us a countdown or something. Just a little bit of hope and a 'thankyou' to the long-term owners and new starters with this AWESOME piece of kit. Back when I had ££ I used to chop and change amps a lot, now I have had the 11 two years and I'm stoked whenever I turn it on.

Just please, give us a few tweaks to really show what the orange box is capable of!!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffmagus View Post
Amen!
With the Kemper gaining ground fast and Axe's sky-high price tag - the 11 sits as the best-modeller-bang-for-the-£-$.

But, it NEEDS and DESERVES a few tweaks to really make people sit up and notice -

Stand-Alone Editor
Custom IR loading.

Seriously, It's nice knowing that something may come along - but give us a countdown or something. Just a little bit of hope and a 'thankyou' to the long-term owners and new starters with this AWESOME piece of kit. Back when I had ££ I used to chop and change amps a lot, now I have had the 11 two years and I'm stoked whenever I turn it on.

Just please, give us a few tweaks to really show what the orange box is capable of!!
Bro i think i have waited more than expected...

I seriously think acquiring an axe fx standard or a kemper... Come on chris and co dont take us as hams... We paid, supported and helped and very few of what expected came...
[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]... Or frak in the language of Caprica\battlestar galactica...

Mesa Boogie IIC+ JVK Monster
Eleven Rack
EBMM Petrucci Variax
Dunlop GCB95Q
Ernie Ball Volume pedal VPJR6180
Old 05-30-2012, 06:41 PM

I'm not holding my breath. They could've released a new firmware update in the last TWO years and added a few simple things just so we know they haven't abandoned the 11R. How hard would it be to make the tremolo effect part of FX1/FX2 instead of tied to an amp? How hard would it be to add an autowah or envelope filter to the wah block? The Axe FX people get CONSTANT updates even when Fractal was a small start up with practically one employee.. I give up, my 11R is on ebay as we speak and I'll be lucky to get 60% of my investment back out of it.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffmagus View Post
Amen!

Stand-Alone Editor
Custom IR loading.

All of this said, the kemper is only a few bucks shy of the axe and has no editor, and is still in beta.......but it will be next amp purchase!!!!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon9271 View Post
I'm not holding my breath. They could've released a new firmware update in the last TWO years and added a few simple things just so we know they haven't abandoned the 11R. How hard would it be to make the tremolo effect part of FX1/FX2 instead of tied to an amp? How hard would it be to add an autowah or envelope filter to the wah block? The Axe FX people get CONSTANT updates even when Fractal was a small start up with practically one employee.. I give up, my 11R is on ebay as we speak and I'll be lucky to get 60% of my investment back out of it.
How hard would it be to fix those few niggling bugs? (MIDI, Bogner models, compressor ratio etc...)?

I hang on to mine because I will admit I like quite a few of the sounds in it, but Avid really isn't keeping with the times, IMHO. It's interesting to see that some of people voicing their frustration were some of the biggest supporters of the ElevenRack up til the first expansion pack (myself included), and even among the group of old die hards, support is waning. When you manage to alienate some of your loudest supporters in the community, I think it should raise more than a few eyebrows in relation to how successful the product will continue to be.

With the competition that's out there at the moment, I find it very hard to see myself getting the ElevenRack 2 if it ever comes out, because Fractal and Kemper seem to be doing a much better job of pushing the envelope and delivering continuous improvement. Sadly, it wouldn't have taken a whole lot to change my mind, and probably the minds of a few others... another expansion pack (which they make money off!), a standalone editor (the community would have made one if only they hadn't been locked out, look what the Boss GT community did), custom IR loading (the digitech team put it in a custom firmware...), bug fixes (that's the minimum...)... so many low hanging fruits and so many dropped balls. I'd like to think it's not too late for them to turn things around but... yeah. It's kind of a bit too late in my book.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 AM

Adam, it's hard for me to post these days without ranting (just deleted one)... but I think your post is pretty reasonable and mirrors my own feelings.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:16 AM

You know Avid, we've seen enough of these BS posts about you folks hearing us loud and clear and still there's no indication anything is about to change! How about finally showing us you do indeed care about your Eleven Rack customer base? Someone at Avid needs to finally address our concerns as to if they'll be further development of the 11R etc.... Users are starting to jump ship because of your lack of communication on the issue! It's time to stop skating around this issue once and for all, since it's continued effect will do nothing but cause the dwindling of your user base!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 PM

I abandoned ship acouple of weeks ago. I let the bank account take a hit and got the AxeFx2. No regrets.. It sounds fantastic, and in the month I had it I've seen two upgrades. 6.0 brought completely remade amp models and Tonematch to the table. 6.0.1 that came yesterday brought EVH III models + a couple of new drives + many fixes, including some that people had wished for in their forum. Some effect had been remade recently but the way the effect worked before were missed by some people. In this update they brought an option to this effect to choose "vintage" or "modern" if I recall right...
That's development and customer service... I wonder what Avid would have charged users for upgrades like that?
Yeah, I know Axe cost plenty, and users should expect support and upgrades above the ordinary, but still.

Now, I'm not saying 11R is bad. No, it also sounds great, and I wouldn't have even thought of going over to Axe right now with a standalone editor available.
I had some issues with Pro Tools, and to open PT just to use the editor feels so-so...I couldn't get the USB I/O:s to activate in PT. I use Studio One, and the Axe was pretty much plug and play.
The Axe Edit is also very nice to work with, starts quick and does what it's supposed to...

I hope you guys get a standalone soon, cause the Eleven is really a great unit in itself. Too bad Avid's not...