Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2011, 02:47 PM

Default Re: ERXP - Release Party - Reactions

Ive been playing with the expansion for a few hours and i think its a fantastic addition to what was already a great product.

i love the fender, it has that real nice bottom end bloom without any mud. The bogner is great too i was most surprised by the dc modern sod it sounds top notch' i wasn't expecting that. The new delay is brilliant and the new impulse responses are great, the bogner 2x12 cab sounds great. I love the new distortion pedal especially when in front of the old jcm800.it has a much fatter character than the tube screamer and gives a totally different texture thats just as useable

i have a free day tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to recording with it.

Congrats to everyone involved in making this you really have done a wonderful job
Old 03-22-2011, 02:54 PM

I thougth the new preset were pretty good, as far as presets go. The give you some really good starting points. Much better than the old set.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:01 PM

OMG........Talk about taking something good (ok...real good) & making it GREAT!

I must say that some of the clean rigs that the Digi guys set-up sound stellar........

I made a Bogner (Red) Rig & played w/ the cabs & I can't believe how good the 4x12 65w & 4x12 Green 20w are.........The new delay is just stellar........

Thank you, thank you, thank you........Back to playing now......
Old 03-22-2011, 03:15 PM

GLORIOUS! SIMPLY GLORIOUS!

For you Star Wars fans...in my best Darth Vader impression

"This will be a day long remembered! It has seen the end of Kenobi ...er...the release of the Expansion Pack, and the beginning of GLORIOUS Amp and FX models" Time to PLAY!

And Darth telling the Axe-FX..."I'm your father Luke....er....who's your daddy, beotch???"

I simply cannot quit playing the Stereo and Pong delay's right now! And the DC Modern SOD amp is SICK!
And you REALLY CAN tell the difference that the Speaker Breakup brings to the party!

OK...back ta rockin this 11R OUT!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 PM

My guess is that this thread will not receive any significant posts for the next 48 hours. Can't wait to get home. Gotta get the powers that be to get an 11r for Studio A...
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
And Darth telling the Axe-FX..."I'm your father Luke....er....who's your daddy, beotch???"
Love that Mike Font guy........I believe that he should have his own line of signature Hallmark cards........
Old 03-22-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
Love that Mike Font guy........I believe that he should have his own line of signature Hallmark cards........
HA...they'd have ta be X-rated!

By the way bro, I don't see you over at elevenrackpresets anymore....what gives?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAR Fritz View Post
To VSA-

We almost lost you to the "dark side." I was worried about you.

Welcome back!

Fritz
Worry no more! LOL - Nah man, my gut feeling is always right and when I played the AxeFX and A/B'd it with the 11R, it confirmed everything I knew in my gut, but like anything, you HAVE to try it for yourself when there's that much money on the line. I just don't use FX enough to justify the cost and the modeling certainly didn't justify straying from the 11R. I don't care WHAT anyone says, the AxeFX is a great piece, but the modeling of the 11R was right there and NOW?! As they say in Nashvegas "Sheeeeeeeeit..." forget about it...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSatchAtrucci View Post
Worry no more! LOL - Nah man, my gut feeling is always right and when I played the AxeFX and A/B'd it with the 11R, it confirmed everything I knew in my gut, but like anything, you HAVE to try it for yourself when there's that much money on the line. I just don't use FX enough to justify the cost and the modeling certainly didn't justify straying from the 11R. I don't care WHAT anyone says, the AxeFX is a great piece, but the modeling of the 11R was right there and NOW?! As they say in Nashvegas "Sheeeeeeeeit..." forget about it...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:35 PM

Really had to convince myself it's time to go to bed and shut this incredible device down.

As some have said here: I didn't think this great unit could get that much better. How wrong I was. Sooo much new, great stuff.

Many Thanks to the Digidesign Eleven Rack Team for your great work and especially your contribution to this forum. It's nothing short of impressive to see you all on here daily and still cranking out something this good. I'm sure you've put many, many hours into this in sacrifice of a lot of other things; however, as I'm sure you've seen here today: IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.

WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT AND PRODUCTION TEAM!!! THANK YOU!!!

Avid is very lucky to have you as part of their staff. Congratulations!!!