Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2008, 05:02 AM

Default How can I bounce mutliple audio/instrument tracks as mono Audio files in ProTools LE

How can I bounce mutliple tracks as Audio files in ProTools LE. I hear I need to purchase the Music Production Kit or the DV ToolKit is that right ?

I mainly use LogicPro but recently I have been getting alot of projects in ProTools hence I bought ProTools LE to be able to open the projects so I can bounce sub mixes as per arrangements in ProTools. Now ProTools LE only give me 32 tracks why this limitation I don't know but none the less I must admit ProTools LE rocks but its still a pain as most of the time I have to disable tracks to hear others if I have a project that has more than 32 tracks.

Anyway as with LogicPro, Melodyne, Ableton Live etc you can Bounce/Export individual tracks as mono audio files, so lets say you have 96 physical Audio or Instrument tracks in your arrangement you can bounce them all at once as 96 individual audio tracks. This way you can give the session to anyone as a audio multitrack which they then can then simply import as audio tracks into their Preferred DAW. Also for the purpose of saving disk space, some like LogicPro also allow the export as OMF ... can this also be achieved somehow with LE.

I want to be able to bounce the same with ProTools LE... Can I or will I be able to achieve this with the Music Production Kit? if not how can this be achieved without having to buy or cough up for ProTools HD...

Thanks in advance.........
Old 09-14-2008, 07:06 AM

Default Re: How can I bounce mutliple audio/instrument tracks as mono Audio files in ProTools

music production tool kit will give a total of 48 tracks
Old 09-14-2008, 07:14 AM

Default Re: How can I bounce mutliple audio/instrument tracks as mono Audio files in ProTools

Submixing
If you're looking to combine multiple tracks and create mono/stereo stems, then you could buss the appropriate tracks and 'record to disc' on a new track. Multiple stems can be created simultaneously this way.

Track export
Once you've got all the tracks needed for transfer, consolidate these into full project length audio files and then (from the regions bin) select and choose 'export files as'.

OMF Export
I think Digitranslator/DV Toolkit is required to export in OMF format.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 09-14-2008, 10:22 AM

Hey Phil -- thanks for that ...

So basically let me get this straight in order to export say 96 tracks I would have to bus them individually (whats the total bus count you can have in LE) then record to disk, once that is done i can export them from within the regions bin... ? Damn! now thats some way out way of doing this ... but it sure beats the one by one or one at the time approach I have been doing.

In most DAWs its simple all you have to do is go to file and hit the export or bounce tracks to individual Audio file (aiff, wav, sdII) and presto you have a folder full of full length tracks ready do import into any DAW even ProTools LE for mix down etc.

Thanks muchos

thaprof

http://www.afroganic.com/remix.html
httt://www.ashantiboyz.com
Old 09-14-2008, 10:59 AM

Although you could do that, there's a way to consolidate an entire track without having to wait for anything to run in real time.

Make your selection from the start of the track to the end (could be the end of the song or just where the last region ends in the track) then select "consolidate." I'm not sure off hand under what drop down menu that option is, but I know its there somewhere.

Just a few notes: first, the consolidated files will take on the name of the track, so it would be wise to name the tracks appropriately before consolidation if they're not already. Also, be sure to check your disk allocation so they newly created files are going into the right place.

Once the consolidation is complete, you have a few options.

1) select the regions and, under the region list menu, select "export regions as files"

or

2) the consolidated audio files will be in your audio files folder. Just open your audio files folder in Finder (or whatever the windows equivalent is) and sort by date, they should be at the top!

Best of luck.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaprof View Post
Hey Phil -- thanks for that ...

So basically let me get this straight in order to export say 96 tracks I would have to bus them individually (whats the total bus count you can have in LE) then record to disk, once that is done i can export them from within the regions bin... ? Damn! now thats some way out way of doing this ... but it sure beats the one by one or one at the time approach I have been doing.
Bussing and recording to disc is really when you want to,
a) combine multiple tracks say, create a stereo drum mix from, for example, 6-8 individual tracks. If you're short on voices (free tracks), this is pretty much essential. And/or
b) you want the audio created to include any realtime processing.

Otherwise, do as Both Brian and I suggested, consolidate the tracks.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 09-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Thanks Ya'll ! for taking tine to try break it down for moi ;o) - will get on it and try it the consolidate way ...