Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2002, 07:55 AM

Default DIGI PLZ READ: REPLYING TO POSTS

I think i might speak for a lot of folks here, but whenever I reply to a post, it's nice to also have the original one in front of you, so you can go through it and make sure you answer any and all relevant question/comments, use quotes.

The way I do this, and if there is a better way let me know, but I just right click on "reply", select open in new window, and voila, as i type, I can hit alt-tab to switch between the original post and my response.

Now the prob is, is that I usually forget to do this, and just hit reply, hence ridding of the original post, and half way through my response, I'll realize I want a quote, or forget a specific thing someone asks, and then....

Solution:

make it to where when you hit 'reply', it opens it's own window.

I think this would make the already very easy to use forum, that much easier.

Of course to prevent having a bunch of windows all over the place, maybe make it to where when you are done with your post, and you hit 'reply', it could somehow just post it, and then close that window, and refresh the widonw you were originally on....

I'll let that to your computer guys, Im sure they can find a practical way to do this..

thanks for reading.. and anyone else with comments, or 2nding my notion, feel free to let me hear it.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:05 AM

Default Re: DIGI PLZ READ: REPLYING TO POSTS

If you scroll down when replying, you will see a window with a scroll bar. All prior messages are there. No need to open another window.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:23 AM

DOOOHH..

OK Digi, could you delete this post now, while only one person has witnessed how stupid I am..

I would have never imagined.. SCROLL DOWN..
Thnx. I honestly didn't know that.

well the only use it would serve now is for when you post links....

Instead of opening a new IE window, and getting the link, ok, maybe it's pointless. Don't change a thing Digi, you've got it under control.

timoron
Old 08-09-2002, 08:33 AM
Administrator

You have the ability to delete this topic yourself. Just click on the Edit icon next to the first post in the topic:
http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...i?ubb=faq#edit
Quote:
Note that if your post was the start of a new topic, deleting your post will result in the removal of the entire topic (all replies after your topic will also be deleted).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 08-09-2002, 08:44 AM

man yall are out to get me lol.
I'll go ahead and leave it here, so i can take the hits for all the others out there who might have the same stupid questions as me...

thanks for the info though..
Old 08-09-2002, 08:54 AM

Hey, I was wondering what the most musical color was for a guitar. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hey, no sweat Tim, we were all newbies at one time or other, and I'm sure we let everyone know too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2002, 10:09 AM

Geeeez Noooooobie alert. Whats up with Noooobie's not knowing what is up. Can we ban him pleeeeaaaze. lol

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Christian
Old 08-09-2002, 11:34 AM

Oh my gosh! Doh! I did not know this either metaltim [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I will gladly join your "take a hit for others" ranks. I have hit the "back" button to reread posts a bazillion times wishing it would be inclusive in the "reply" form....arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

...hmmm, I bet we are not alone [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2002, 11:39 AM

Damn.... never noticed it either. Add me on in "taking the hits".

Now that I know, this is pretty cool!
Old 08-09-2002, 11:56 AM

Give me my swats as well.

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com