Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 PM

Default Just installed Pro Tools 10. Neither native nor 3rd party plug-ins show up.

I just installed Pro Tools 10. Registered my iLok. Registered my Pro Tools, and updated to 10.2 (I did try it in 10.0 but no luck, so I updated thinking it would fix the problem).

Just to get this out of the way, I do realize that the Pro Tools plug-ins folder is "HD ->Library ->Application Support -> Digidesign -> Plug-ins." I have checked this folder, and verified that all of the .dpm plugins are there (AIR, BF, D-verb, Signal Generator, etc etc).

I open a new session (24 bit, 48kHz), create an audio track, and click on it's 'inserts' section. Nothing shows up, except "no insert," and "i/o." Not even the native plug-ins are being recognized.

To try and fix this, I restarted my comp many times and re-installed Pro Tools. Nothing has worked.

I come from Logic, so when something like this happens, I visit Logic's "Audio Units Manager" and scroll around to see if Logic is even recognizing the plugins. If it isn't, I can rescan my "Components" folder to see if it missed any. Does Pro Tools have something like this? Where I can set the plug-in root folder and re-scan the folder?

My Pro Tools is a student version, if that changes anything. The copy is registered, and the license is downloaded onto my iLok. When I open up a new session, everything seems fine, except that there are no plug-ins

What am I doing wrong here? Or what have I missed? Any help will be greatly appreciated.