Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 07:28 PM

Default Re: PLUGGO 3.1 OSX IS A-GOGO!!

Anyway, it seems that the Runtime version IS still missing a file, so if anyone wants to run the plugs that way : Install the runtime installler from Pluggo, then download this file : http://people.cofa.unsw.edu.au/staff...ugLib.shlb.sit , put it into 'Library - CFM Support', then away u go.

EDIT 17.02.04 : the new 3.1.2 Runtime installer correctly installs the previously missing file, so you don't need to download mine anymore
Old 01-17-2004, 08:15 PM

Thanks for reposting that, I was just going to ask.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:47 AM

OK folks, my favourite distortion/limiter has just been ported to OSX Pluggo : jk's Limofive

I unreservedly LOVE this distortion, you can adjust distortion/limiter threshold levels over five frequency bands. and (new in the OSX version) adjust the crossover points of those bands.

Click here to get it .

Jack's description :

" All number boxes can be drag up/down, or click-type in digits-enter.
"Attack" , "release" time (ms), "threshold all" and "makup all" (db) are self explaining. "Soft" is a ratio between compression (100% soft) and digital clipping (0% soft). Threshold and makeup gain can be adjusted for all bands independently (drag up/down digits below band display). "Threshold all" and "makeup all" reset all bands settings to slider value. Finally "volume" sets output gain and maximum peak. Note, that output peak meter uses linear scale with -6db in its half (for better view). Bands crossovers can be set dragging frequency boxes (above band bar). "

Enjoy it!
Old 01-21-2004, 02:33 PM

HI guys,

thanks for all your contributions esp. Simon!

regs
Old 01-21-2004, 03:23 PM

here is another 3.1 pluggo

http://www.davidstanford.com/david/bacon.html

regs
Old 01-29-2004, 02:22 AM

New one ... very cool ...

jk's 4-band PHILTER v0.1 available from here

" Click on any filter (1-4) panel body or drag its any knob/number to select it ( will highlite). Graphic display will show its slope region (light blue) when selected. You can drag it left/right (freq), up/down (gain). When dragged on the edge it's rather Q (left/right) and gain (up/down). Any time pressing "FLAT" destroys your work. Right fader is an output gain (+/- 24 dB)."
Old 02-03-2004, 03:13 AM

Hi all -
a few Pluggo things for those of you checking this thread :

* The Lone Roger has ported some of his pluggos to OSX (yay!), see his announcement in this thread

* jK has updated Philter to v.03 . Get it here
He's added MIDI control, so you can sweep or tap the frequency on your MIDI keyboard - great for rhythmically altering frequency on a loop! Two modes, so you can either map the whole frequency range across four octaves, or have more subtle changes. love it

* A few of the OS9 developers are not planning to go OSX in the near future. I've done some tests on which ones will automatically work in OSX anyway - basically, it's the ones that don't require 3rd party externals. So anyway, if you've set up the Runtime as per instructions earlier in this thread, you can grab and use the following OS9 ones in OSX :

************************************************** *******************************

Matt Lyons’ ones from http://postsomnia.com/

FILTERED STATE is a nice fancy front end to up to four stereo pairs of MSP's svf~ Chamberlin style state variable filters. It has LowPass, HiPass, BandPass and BandStop outputs, and a resonance control. You can specify the filters' cutoff frequency by either note, midi number, or frequency. “

OHCE is a reverse echo maker.
It is NOT a delay, but you could use it like one. When its big button is pressed, it receives non-zero automation data for parameter one, or it receives a note-on or sustain-on midi message, it begins recording, for up to 15 seconds (host memory allowing). When the button is released, it receives a zero for the automation data for parameter one, or it receives a note-off of sustain-release midi message, it begins playing back what it recorded, backwards. The modwheel can control this process as well. If it is in the process of playing back and you start it recording again, it will cease playback. It also features a varispeed control for playback of the recorded material, which can be controlled with pitch bend midi messages or parameter 2.”

************************************************** *******************************

Tobor Experiment’s ones from http://gleetchplug.ienproject.com/

MALESTROM is a Morphing Convolution and Ring Modulator
This plugin requires 2 mono audio signals as inputs.
The first audio file is the CARRIER and the second is the MODULATOR (often a voice).
To oversimplify :
* its MORPHING function works similar to a VOCODER in that one sound picks up the characteristics of the other.
* Its RING MODULATION function can produces synthesised tones modulated by the source audio.

Note – The background jpeg is missing from the next two of Tobor's ones, which doesn’t affect the plug’s operations :

D-RIVE is an overdrive simulator.”

SONIC REDUCER is a sample rate and bitsize reducer with a graphical multimode 2 pole filter.”

My note : i LOVE this plug-in. make sure you set a filter type to something other than "display" first of all otherwise it sounds a bit dulled. Samplerate reduction is subtle and great when used in combination with the filter. Only downside is that you can't automate filter settings or get Protools to remember them (which you can with the sample rate and bitsize reduction).

Note - Not working : Therevox.

Wheat’s (Dan Shannon) ones from http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/wheat//

DELAY-O-RAMA is a really simple plugin:
2 separate short delay lines that can have the time modulated.”

My note: great for metallic, electro type sounds

Note : Wheat’s ones not working due to missing externals : Mungrainer, Guadalupe, Combernation

************************************************** *********************************

Greg Davis’ ones from http://gdavis.dyndns.org/plugins.html

Note : I’ve only tested certain ones from here (there’s 33), because back in the OS9 days I found that Greg’s plugs had some conflicting identifier #’s with several of these, and they would “replace” names of each other in the Protools inserts list. They would all be fine if you only put them in the Pluggos folder one-at-a-time.

Anyway, I’ve just tested the ones I found not to have this problem :

Working :

Degrader: "a simple bit reduction & downsampling plugin"
Multiplier: "makes the input sounds multiply in number"
Piler: "piles up loops from the input"
ShepRingMod : "input is ring modulated by shephard's tones"

Not working :

Fothermucker, Tapey (need externals); Vocoder (crashes Protools when plugged in)

That's all for now !

Old 02-04-2004, 06:06 AM

Hi all -
Just updated the post above this one to add Tobor Experiment's Malestrom
Old 02-04-2004, 08:23 AM

OK, as soon as I posted about MALESTROM (above), I got an email from Tobor Experiment that he'd made a new OS9 pluggo called COSMO .

Unfortunately it won't work in OSX until he ports it properly, because it requires the 3rd party external munger~from the Percolate collection.

from http://gleetchplug.ienproject.com/

"Cosmo is a very special plugin that will allow users to obtain huge stratified pads & drones from any non-rythmic sources. It is composed by two major DSPs. At first there is a 3 bands spectral delay (with 3 feedback lines)
then the signal flows into a granulator. Try presets and experiment with different settings."

If any of you still run Pluggos in OS9 , this sounds great
(will work as RTAS, as long as you've got the OS9 Pluggo Runtime going and the Percolate objects, found in the "PeRColate 0.9 beta 3 for Max 4" link from http://www.music.columbia.edu/PeRColate/ . (Put the munger~ object into System folder - Extensions - MAX/MSP Runtime Support - Objects - Externals)
Old 02-12-2004, 06:09 AM

Found another free Pluggo synth !
This is another OS9-Pluggo-works-fine-under-OSX candidate

Victor Cerullo's VET-1 synth from http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/16tone/
i.e. you need to join the yahoo group to get this one , it's in the Files section : 'VET1_Pluggo_Synth_21.sit '
If you want a bit more detail, see my Feb 12 post at kVr, this thing has 47 parameters and it's easier to look at it on a forum that allows pics ...