Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2020, 06:35 AM

Default Mixer slightly larger in new update?

Has anyone else noticed that the mixer is ever so slightly larger in the latest update? I think, since the first 2020 version.

It's a little bigger on the vertical axis.

I'm showing everything apart from:

- mic preamps
- instrument
- EQ curve
- delay compensation
- comments

Usually, I'd be able to see everything on the screen (27inch) without having to scroll at all, but now it's cutting off either the track names or first Insert point.

Is anyone else getting this?

I know you're about to say, ' get a larger screen', but this one is has been doing me just fine for ages and I'm still happy with it - apart from right now! hahaha

James Arter Music
www.jamesarter.com

Soundcloud
http://www.soundcloud.com/happybunnyproductions
Old 06-17-2020, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Mixer slightly larger in new update?

Hmmmm, can't say I notice any difference As for what fits on the screen, its not only the screen size, but its also the resolution. My screens are a 43" above and a 27" below with both running 1920x1080 resolution(the 43" is a 4K TV, but if I run at 4K, everything is way too small). If I show(in MIX window) all 10 inserts, 5 sends, delay Comp and Comments, it almost fits(I lose the color bar at either the top or bottom). Since I use saturation(so the entire strip is shaded), that's not an issue.(my MIX window is on the 27"). Now the strips can show 3 different widths(normally only 2 with Narrow and Normal) if you do 2 things, 1-use Narrow Mix, and 2-use the Wide Meter trick(hold power claw and click on a meter). Power claw is holding the 3 modifier keys(Ctrl+Windows+Alt on PC). I like Narrow Mix as it fits more channels across the screen, and Wide Meters creates a track width that is in between Normal and Narrow(track name gets 7 characters instead of only 5 on Narrow). In normal width, the wide meter trick doesn't change the strip, only the meter

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave