Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-15-2022, 02:03 PM
imixit imixit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles USA
Posts: 11
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Just set up new Mac Studio ULTRA. Having the same problem.

EuControl sees the surfaces, but Pro Tools doesn’t (neither does Logic.) 3 X S1, +Dock & 4 tablets. Haven’t changed network config from my previous (working) Mac Mini Intel. (Meaning I unplugged my Ethernet network setup from the Mini and plugged that into the Mac Studio. Not feeling network is the issue as Eucontrol sees the surfaces (NO Application in ASSIGN tab with Pro Tools running.)

Mac Studio M1 ULTRA

Monterey 12.3.1
Pro Tools 2021.20.12.
(EUCON IS SWITCHED ON AND I HAVE TOGGLED/REBOOTED ETC>)
EuControl 2021.10.1.29 (EuCon 4.8.3.29

My brother received his a couple of weeks ago and his (single) S1 is working. The only difference is he is running 12.3.0 and I did the (Apple) recommended 12.3.1 upgrade on install… could this be it? (AVID are you listening???) Can I roll back to 12.3.0 without starting over? (Erase, reinstall, re-migrate)?

Otherwise Pro Tools running smoothly (albeit 4 unhappy plug ins: Stratus 3D, VisLM, Slapper, Lexicon PCM (ancient))

I need surfaces working… help!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2022, 11:39 AM
WilliamHarp WilliamHarp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: North Hollywood
Posts: 7
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
If they are working with other Apps its not EUCON. You didn't answer whether you turned EUCON on in PT ?
Yes - EuCon is enabled in Pro Tools.

An interesting discovery: The soft keys will work in Pro Tools although the faders will not engage.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-22-2022, 09:28 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 3,819
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarp View Post
Yes - EuCon is enabled in Pro Tools.

An interesting discovery: The soft keys will work in Pro Tools although the faders will not engage.
Are all softkeys working including EUCON ones or just keyboard shortcuts? Can you check the Workstation tab in EuControl and make sure its in the right hand box and attached?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-22-2022, 09:30 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 3,819
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by imixit View Post
Just set up new Mac Studio ULTRA. Having the same problem.

EuControl sees the surfaces, but Pro Tools doesn’t (neither does Logic.) 3 X S1, +Dock & 4 tablets. Haven’t changed network config from my previous (working) Mac Mini Intel. (Meaning I unplugged my Ethernet network setup from the Mini and plugged that into the Mac Studio. Not feeling network is the issue as Eucontrol sees the surfaces (NO Application in ASSIGN tab with Pro Tools running.)

Mac Studio M1 ULTRA

Monterey 12.3.1
Pro Tools 2021.20.12.
(EUCON IS SWITCHED ON AND I HAVE TOGGLED/REBOOTED ETC>)
EuControl 2021.10.1.29 (EuCon 4.8.3.29

My brother received his a couple of weeks ago and his (single) S1 is working. The only difference is he is running 12.3.0 and I did the (Apple) recommended 12.3.1 upgrade on install… could this be it? (AVID are you listening???) Can I roll back to 12.3.0 without starting over? (Erase, reinstall, re-migrate)?

Otherwise Pro Tools running smoothly (albeit 4 unhappy plug ins: Stratus 3D, VisLM, Slapper, Lexicon PCM (ancient))

I need surfaces working… help!
Did you get this working? As you say if EuControl see's your surfaces then its not the network. Are EuControl, PT and MCClient allowed in the Mac accessibility security settings?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2022, 11:05 AM
imixit imixit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles USA
Posts: 11
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Did you get this working? As you say if EuControl see's your surfaces then its not the network. Are EuControl, PT and MCClient allowed in the Mac accessibility security settings?
No, not yet working. EuControl and MCClient are checked in Accessibility/Security settings, PT isn’t there. I have given it full disk access, though and is checked where it appears (Full Disk Access, Contatcts, Photos, Microphone, Files and Folders, Automation.)

I tried reinstalling Pro Tools via both Avid Link & downloaded installer and same with Eucontrol. Reinstalled Monterey via Recovery which reinstalled 12.3.1 - have hesitated on wipe and clean install as it’s time consuming to reinstall interfaces drivers and 3rd party plugins, but guess I will have to try that next. (This was a migration from a Big Sur 2018 Mac Mini.)

I too noticed that the soft keys from Pro Tools/Logic appear on the MASTER TABLET, though greyed out and changes state with application switching. Pressing corresponding button on dock works to highlight soft keys, though nothing else happens. My named memory locations appeared there. No change in the S1’s, dock and other tablets. They are in the ready (connected to EuControl) state (ie no Avid logo - squares)

All surfaces show as connected in EuControl. Logic not seeing EuControl options (Mix menu)

EuControl assign page still doesn’t show the application name (both PT and Logic.) Layouts don’t load from session.

Open to thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-22-2022, 11:18 AM
imixit imixit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles USA
Posts: 11
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Are all softkeys working including EUCON ones or just keyboard shortcuts? Can you check the Workstation tab in EuControl and make sure its in the right hand box and attached?
Running Pro Tools, it seems the APP (Avid Contol Master Tablet) related (navigate to key pages) soft keys work. All the Pro Tools ones are greyed out at bottom of channel page with the exception of Prev./Next Clip - which WORKS on Pro Tools… The soft keys page is similar in that only a couple of things work - prev/next clip / Main Counter works…

I should mention that I also tried running EuControl in Rosetta. It still saw all the surfaces, but did not show the soft keys…

Right hand box in WORKSTATIONS tab in EuControl is checked, I’ve toggled this as well.

On the S1’s, the Inserts,EQ,DYN,Aux,Pan buttons light up when pressed and are linked across the 3 S1’s, as is SHIFT. Nothing else lights up or has an effect…

Last edited by imixit; 04-22-2022 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Additional information
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2022, 11:19 AM
WilliamHarp WilliamHarp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: North Hollywood
Posts: 7
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Are all softkeys working including EUCON ones or just keyboard shortcuts? Can you check the Workstation tab in EuControl and make sure its in the right hand box and attached?
The bottom row of soft keys on the S1 all work with Pro Tools.

The controllers are appropriately connected in the workstation tab.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2022, 11:26 AM
WilliamHarp WilliamHarp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: North Hollywood
Posts: 7
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by imixit View Post
No, not yet working. EuControl and MCClient are checked in Accessibility/Security settings, PT isn’t there. I have given it full disk access, though and is checked where it appears (Full Disk Access, Contatcts, Photos, Microphone, Files and Folders, Automation.)

I tried reinstalling Pro Tools via both Avid Link & downloaded installer and same with Eucontrol. Reinstalled Monterey via Recovery which reinstalled 12.3.1 - have hesitated on wipe and clean install as it’s time consuming to reinstall interfaces drivers and 3rd party plugins, but guess I will have to try that next. (This was a migration from a Big Sur 2018 Mac Mini.)

I too noticed that the soft keys from Pro Tools/Logic appear on the MASTER TABLET, though greyed out and changes state with application switching. Pressing corresponding button on dock works to highlight soft keys, though nothing else happens. My named memory locations appeared there. No change in the S1’s, dock and other tablets. They are in the ready (connected to EuControl) state (ie no Avid logo - squares)

All surfaces show as connected in EuControl. Logic not seeing EuControl options (Mix menu)

EuControl assign page still doesn’t show the application name (both PT and Logic.) Layouts don’t load from session.

Open to thoughts.
Seems like we've gone through all of the troubleshooting motions...

I think we're at a point where we need either an updated Pro Tools or EuCon software version to get controllers working on M1 Ultra.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-23-2022, 01:28 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 3,819
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by imixit View Post
Running Pro Tools, it seems the APP (Avid Contol Master Tablet) related (navigate to key pages) soft keys work. All the Pro Tools ones are greyed out at bottom of channel page with the exception of Prev./Next Clip - which WORKS on Pro Tools… The soft keys page is similar in that only a couple of things work - prev/next clip / Main Counter works…

I should mention that I also tried running EuControl in Rosetta. It still saw all the surfaces, but did not show the soft keys…

Right hand box in WORKSTATIONS tab in EuControl is checked, I’ve toggled this as well.

On the S1’s, the Inserts,EQ,DYN,Aux,Pan buttons light up when pressed and are linked across the 3 S1’s, as is SHIFT. Nothing else lights up or has an effect…
Basically EuControl is working and seeing the Surfaces but it is not recognizing the Apps as EUCON Apps. Can you right click on the EuControl notification icon and select Collect logs and then post them somewhere and give me a link. I'll get engineering to look at them on Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-23-2022, 01:29 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 3,819
Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarp View Post
Seems like we've gone through all of the troubleshooting motions...

I think we're at a point where we need either an updated Pro Tools or EuCon software version to get controllers working on M1 Ultra.
What versions of PT and EUCON are you on? EUCON has been Apple silicon Native since 21.6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MTRX-Studio activation card # won't work. How do I get EuControl? DeadlyMixProd Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App 2 12-29-2021 06:29 PM
EUControl not working as Makie or HUI with Studio One? Captain Al Artist Series 14 08-27-2020 10:54 AM
Can ProTools Vocal Studio work in Pinnacle Studio 14.01.7256 Sharon Lee Taylor Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win) 2 08-28-2010 09:39 PM
Logic Studio taking files to pro tools studio. smoochdaddy 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 6 12-30-2009 11:55 AM
Studio interrior! Let's show them home/appartement /garage studio's :) Gr0und_Zer0 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 200 05-18-2003 06:40 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com