Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM

Default DAE error 9073 leading to DAE error 35!

Hello.

I recently got a lovely new 13" macbook pro(10.6.6, 2.4GHz, core duo, 4GB RAM) and I'm running pro tools LE 8.0.4 with an mbox 2. I upgraded from windows vista running PT LE 7.4 but seriously underestimated this process it seems. I understand that all my audio files up to this point have been saved to an NTFS formatted external HD("Maxtor Basics Personal Storage 3200, 320 GB, USB, 7200 rpm, buffer:16 MB") and that the mac requires an extended(journaled) formatted HD for best performance. So to eliminate the awkwardness of using the one external HD for both computers i simply bought a new G Drive mobile(500GB, firewire 800, 5400 RPM) and partitioned a mere 50GB for audio files(formatted to OS X extended(journaled) of corse) in the hope of simply moving all my files over and being ready to go. PT tells me "the original disk allocation for this session cannot be used" and to check and see whats changed. Fair enough. I then "automatically find and relink" the files and they load up alright. PT then teasingly plays back for a short while before, stopping, doing nothing for a while and then hitting me with a DAE error 9073. After this when i attempt to playback i get a DAE error 35 and from here on no session on my hard drive will play back. I've tried using windows disk defragmenter on the original files and then transferring them to the G drive but it doesn't change a thing. I've carried out all the usual optimising procedures too. Also, even brand new sessions on the mac show the exact same errors as soon as something is saved to this new hard drive! One other thing is that everything works fine with the pc and the older drive, even after defragmentation, so i think that at least confirms i haven't lost any audio files..? I think I've said all i need to…

I would seriously appreciate anyone taking the time to read all this and offer any advice or solution to get me up and running again!

Cheers! :]
Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 AM

Default Re: DAE error 9073 leading to DAE error 35!

I would recommend removing everything from the drive, reformatting the drive as you have done and not having any partitions.

When you install Pro Tools 8 on Windows one of the optionaller installers is HFS+ support, this will allow you to playback sessions from a mac formatted drive on a PC.

For the immediate, if you go to disk utility and look at the properties at the bottom when a drive is highlighted, is the mac partition GUID or APM (Apple Partition Map). Digi have said that APM disk structures can cause disk error problems with intel macs and guid is the key.

Let us know the outcome
Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 AM

I don't know if this might be part of your problem or not, but according to the Answerbase,
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=364999
PT 8.0.4 does not support OS 10.6.6. Maybe you should upgrade...
Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 PM

Well disk utility is telling me the partition map scheme is "GUID partition table".

And yes I've read about the HFS+ support but can't honestly remember if I installed this option(seems i haven't). But would installing pro tools 8 on my PC be of any benefit seeing as i'm trying to get going with the mac here? Or are you suggesting doing that so as that the files will then work properly on the G drive?? Please clarify because I'm not particularly concerned with getting the PC to playback mac sessions.

And before i do anything, is there not a way for me to have volumes on this drive? As I plan to install my BFD2 on it's own volume just as the manual strongly recommends.

Thanks by the way for the feedback, though I'm still confused here!