Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 AM

Default Odd midi problem

Hi,

can't figure this one out -

I am using PT7.1, with a Nord Stage as my midi keyboard (going in Midi Port one, no usb connection or anything like that).

For no reason I can find, all of a sudden when I play in a midi part I get double the notes. For every note there is a tiny on/off midi note beneath it, which obviously causes a mess because I have to manually remove each little note to get the performance sounding right.

Checked the midi studio setup, nothing odd there, any ideas? It's driving me insane

thanks

Steve
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Odd midi problem

have anything to do with the assignment of your midi channels?

www.studiofifty.net

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad, 10.6.6, 12GB Ram, PT9, Logic 9, Kontakt, East West, VSL, Waves, Sound Toys, IK Multimedia
RME FF UC, Focusrite Octopre mkii, UA LA 610 mkii, MC Transport, Yamaha HS80M, Lauten, AKG, Sure, Blue
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 AM

I'm not sure. I have always had the input channel as "All" (for YEARS of ProTooling!!), then the output set to the plugin I need. Is there some option I may have clicked by accident?? thanks, steve
Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 AM

I have seen this and I tried looking for other threads:

It may have been a bug. Since you have an older version of ProTools that is the first thing I remembered. I'm not sure how exactly to find a list of specific bug fixes without going through all the new version read-me files..

It could have to do with your controller if it is sending on multiple channels (zones?) at the same time. Try setting the input to just a single channel to see if that makes the problem go away, then deal with the issue on the controller if need be..

I think when I saw the problem, I got rid of it by deleting preferences per the troubleshooting thread... I seem to remember it happened right after an update, but I'm foggy on the specifics..

Also, there is a "Remove Duplicate Notes" function, but I don't know if it is in version 7.1.. Search for that in your PT reference guide to see if it is.. It is an event operation..
Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 AM

man, what an annoying bug. I checked all the things you've mentioned (thanks for that!) to no avail. I just don't see why it's cropped up now all of a sudden. I didn't add any new software or do any updates, it's very irritating!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Avid

Besides making sure you aren't using a patch on the keyboard sending MIDI notes from multiple zones, you should also check your Default MIDI Thru instrument in Preferences>MIDI. Try changing it to a different setting to see if that fixes the problem.