Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2009, 01:46 AM

Default Transfuser makes PT quit

I'm running 7.4. in OSX 10.4.11. Everything otherwise runs fine. When I load Transfuser everything is okay until I try to load .wav drum sounds from my library. When I select a sound and try to drag it to the pads, PT immediately quits. Any thoughts?

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 09-10-2009, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Transfuser makes PT quit

That's normally a file issue bud, try doing a verify and repair. Also make sure the audio is the same sample rate as the session.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
That's normally a file issue bud, try doing a verify and repair. Also make sure the audio is the same sample rate as the session.

Hey, Russ.

By 'file issue' do you mean the .wav file itself? 'Cause no matter what file I use, PT quits. Even files I made in PT...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 AM

Have you done a file verify and repair?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Have you done a file verify and repair?
Yessir. Any other thoughts? I can work around this issue. But I'd like to be able to load other than factory sounds in Transfuser...

Old 09-10-2009, 02:24 AM

Oh. Wait a minute. How does a 'file varify and repair' differ from a disk varify and repair? Or does it?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:58 AM

I may mean the same thing but have some kind of bug today so my thinking is dulled.

I mean disc permissions.

What happens if you try and drag a wav from the desk top?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
What happens if you try and drag a wav from the desk top?
Okay. I'm able to drag some sounds from the desktop. But, dragging the same sounds from the browser still makes PT quit...

Old 09-10-2009, 01:21 PM

No one else seeing a similar issue?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem on PT 8.0.1 and Transfuser..
PT Crash, or it takes a lot of time to show me the folders....

I 've updated everything tonight, and it works better.. but still buggy...

Another question... I would like to add a personal list of "Snares" "Kicks", etc etc to the drum presets... So I can scroll sounds in "Play" mode really fast...

How to do it??.. I