Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2013, 02:28 PM

Default Please please PLEASE Avid, let us buy the PT11 HD software without the hardware!

Am I the only one feeling like I'm being bullied by Avid into buying IO/OMNI hardware when all I want is the PT11 HD software?

I mean, it obviously runs perfectly fine without the hardware, or there wouldn't be a PT9/10+CPTK to HD11 upgrade option. Or am I wrong?

There's no doubt in my mind the PT team have done an outstanding job rewriting PT 11 from ground up, so I have no issues paying for it what it's worth. But I have no use for the OMNI (or any of the other hardware) any time soon.

Please Avid, invite the competition, let us use our own hardware and let us buy the software only! Or I bet there'll be a hell of a lot of desparate OMNI sellers on eBay from now on, and I really don't want to be one of them.