Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2013, 04:11 PM

Default Re: structure, strike, transfuser, velvet -HELP

I've read posts about a similar issue with Xpand. One solution was to make sure the permissions for the folders that contain the content are set to read & write for your MAC user account. Then reinstall the VI's but without the content. Custom install should do this.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Default Re: structure, strike, transfuser, velvet -HELP

hi phil, permissions are correct ... and i have re-installed without contents several times ...

no love ...

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-11-2013, 04:50 PM

Default Re: STRIKE content not found in ML

still nothing ... the NEW AIR inmusic does not support the older versions ONLY avid does ... do i really have to pay for tech support for these to work again .. why did they stop .. oh yeah, this has been an issue for years ...

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-11-2013, 04:59 PM

Question Re: STRIKE content not found in ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
still nothing ... the NEW AIR inmusic does not support the older versions ONLY avid does ... do i really have to pay for tech support for these to work again .. why did they stop .. oh yeah, this has been an issue for years ...
Did you see my earlier post in this thread (5/18)? That linked to http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/T...oting/en287471 - curious if you went through the items in that KB.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:42 PM

yes jeffro ... the Doc you directed me to ... replies in caps ...

Use the Set Strike Content Location application for Mac OS X or Windows - it needs to be installed in the same folder as the data files (e.g. "Strike data1.big") then launched from there. This app is also included/installed with Strike. IT IS iN THE RIGHT PLACE ...

Update the Strike plug-in and Set Strike Content Location app after installing Pro Tools 10 Mac. YES, AFTER PT INSTALL !!!

Use the Strike Pref Installer (note that having an admin account without a password might prevent this installer from working properly). (AND I HAVE A PASSWORD)

1. Copy the "Strike Preference File Installer.command" file to the Strike content folder.

The content folder was created during Strike installation. If you have chosen the default path, it s "/Applications/Digidesign/Strike". If you don t remember the path, search on your computer for the folder that holds the "strike data 1.big" file.

THERE IS NO DIGIDESIGN FOLDER ANYMORE ... THERE IS ONLY AN AVID FOLDER ...

Reinstall Strike. Repair Disk Permissions with Apple's Disk Utility or delete the following files from Mac HD > Library > Receipts if the first attempt at reinstalling fails on any of these files:
Strike Content 1 Setup.pkg
Strike Content 2 Setup.pkg
Strike Setup.pkg

THERE ARE NO FILES LIKE THIS IN THAT FOLDER ...

Verify that the Mac OS X System drive is formatted as "Journaled" and not "Journaled, Case Sensitive" (use Disk Utility). YES ...

AND LAST ...

Manually edit the com.digidesign.strike.Plist file in Home > Library > Preferences to reflect the path of the .big files.

NOW WHY SAY TO DO SOMETHING AND NOT EXPLAIN HOW ????

not sure what part of this was meant to help but no love there ...

cheers

john

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-12-2013, 03:32 PM

Post Re: STRIKE content not found in ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
THERE IS NO DIGIDESIGN FOLDER ANYMORE ... THERE IS ONLY AN AVID FOLDER ...
True that Pro Tools no longer creates a Digidesign folder, but the Strike Installer still does since it was not updated after that change occurred and the content defaults to a path of:
Applications > Digidesign > AIR Content
If you changed the path for the content when you installed Strike it will install the Strike folder (with presets and .big files) in that other location, but it still creates a Digidesign folder (in Applications) for the Documentation.

Quote:
Manually edit the com.digidesign.strike.Plist file in Home > Library > Preferences to reflect the path of the .big files.

NOW WHY SAY TO DO SOMETHING AND NOT EXPLAIN HOW ????
Sorry, this step was meant more for advanced users and Tech Support, but I'll add some info (here and to the KB) which should help. You would...
  1. Quit Pro Tools
  2. Select Library from the Go menu (hold the Option key if you don't see Library)
  3. Open the Preferences folder
  4. Right click on com.digidesign.Strike.plist and select Open With > TextEdit
  5. The default location for the Strike content would be bplist00—\Content Path_,/Applications/Digidesign/AIR Content/Strike/ so if you installed to another location make sure it reflects that. For example, if you moved the Strike folder to a Samples folder on a drive named Audio it would read bplist00—\Content Path_,/Volumes/Audio/Samples/Strike/
  6. After editing the com.digidesign.Strike.plist file, save your changes and close it
  7. Launch Pro Tools and check Strike to see if the content loads (look in Settings > Preset Settings on the left side)
Will try to give you a call in a bit to see if we can get to the bottom of this.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 PM

thank you jeff for all the all the info ... i will test the text edit tomorrow ... cheers john

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-12-2013, 11:17 PM

I wanted to double check this on 10.8.3 (listed in your sig) so I installed PT 10.3.5 and Strike 1.5 on my 10.8.3 partition. I then ran the Strike 1.5.1 update from http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ssage/en425695
I also downloaded the Set Content Location for Strike from that page to the same folder as the Strike data and ran that.
Strike worked normally with all its data.
I then checked the plist file and noticed what you mentioned - it doesn't display the full path like in 10.7.5.
Maybe you could reply with the path to your Strike data folder and I can investigate further.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:07 AM

hi jeff ... success ... but not how we thought ...
i have included a pic of my Plist in it's natural habitat so you can see what i see ...

solution for Me today: there is now a Digidesign Folder again ... I tossed all strike, velvet, transfuser content only Not the plugins (these 3 are the plugs that were not working without the Digidesign folder / strangely - structure is still in the avid AIR content folder and is just plain happy) Since i have all my installers on a drive as DMG's i just reloaded using the Main Installers, then doing updates as you did ... but the big thing i saw was when i reloaded the Content for the Big 3 (no pun) it ran the Set Content App automatically like it should ...

i looked at the textedit solution we spoke about but as you see by the pics i did not see much to work with ...

jeff, thank s again for your help ... IF it rears it's ugly head at random once again i will return here and post results ..

cheers

john

SO ... Solution this time was to reload the Content (having Disk Images, ie: DMG's available saves a lot of time ... only took about 15-20 minutes for installers and updaters ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strike Plist.jpg (69.0 KB, 8 views)

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 AM

Thumbs up Re: STRIKE content not found in ML

Thanks for letting me (us) know. I'm glad you were able to solve this, sorry about all the hoops you had to jump through! Hope you enjoy using Strike again...