Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Compatability with Avid Adrenaline interface

I presently have an Avid Newscutter Adrenaline FX running on a Windows XP system. If I want to add ProTools LE software to run on this system do I also need to purchase an 001, 002 or Mbox or can I use the Adrenaline interface? Any help? I will not be running the applications simultaneously. I plan to edit my video and audio, export it as an OMF, sweeten in ProTools then re-import to Avid. Any assistance would be welcome. Thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Compatability with Avid Adrenaline interface

The Adrenaline box can't be used as an interface for Pro Tools. Avid/Digi only garuntee compatiblity between Avid and Pro Tools with the Avid Xpress Studio bundle for LE, or w/ Mojo and/or V|10 + Mediastation for Pro Tools HD.

What you could do is buy the mbox or 002, install a second copy of XP onto another drive or partition on your Adrenaline system, and then reboot into that system when you want to run Pro Tools LE. Not the most elegant workflow but it will work. Bottom line, don't install Pro Tools on the same OS as Newscutter (it will most likely corrupt your Newscutter install) and you should be fine.

HTH
~turbo
Old 01-25-2006, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the info
Old 01-25-2006, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the info