Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2009, 11:08 AM

Location: Middle of Virginia, just far enough away from civilization to be able to relax.
Default At the moment . . .

I am currently doing things in a rather odd way, but it seems to be working, and I didn't have to drop 13 grand for Pro Tools HD . . . at least not yet.

What did I do? It's kinda nutty, but here it is.

I created a "duplicate" of the 6 tracks I was recording . . . all acoustic instruments, and set my H/W Buffer Size as low as it would possibly go.

This brought my latency down to nothing or so little that nobody seems to notice.

The WEIRD thing that I'm doing is that I have the original signals being sent directly to each of the four mono outputs on the back of the Digi 003 and the DUPLICATE tracks being sent to the main stereo output . . . nobody with headphones on is listening to that, they're all mixing their headphones with the four outputs they had available to them.

As far as searching the "Cue" on this thing, I will do that, but at the moment I have straightened this out. Pro Tools HD may eventually be purchased, but not soon . . . I am exhausted with all the money going OUT lately . . . apparently the so-called "bad economy" does not extend to the reduction of professional audio recording hardware prices . . . I'm just going to make do with what I currently have in the studio.

Thanks everyone for your attempts at helping . . . I think I've arrived at a workable solution for the time being.
Mac Pro running OSX 10.5.6, using Pro Tools LE 7.4.2/Digi 003/Digi C24 w-DV Toolkit 2, a pair of Avalon 737 VT-737sp's, Great River MP-2NV, RME OctaMic II, pair of Mackie HR-824's, my best mics? a Neumann U87 and a Royer R-121 . . . best amps? Bogner Ecstasy 101B and a Bogner Uberschall-Revision Blue . . . All my drums are BFD2 triggered by Roland TD-20s kit, with live Zildjian cymbals, Korg Triton LE 88 with weighted keys . . . lots of other toys that make beautiful music . . .
Old 02-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Default Re: At the moment . . .

Sweet....