How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2023, 08:42 AM

Default Creating audio click track

Im new, forgive my ignorance.

So i know how to set up a click track. And about to figure out how to make it an audio click track so it’s in bedded in the session

But what is a simple way to make that click a drum beat/ sound of any kind. I just want something more natural to record my guitar too. Either as a click track or as an audio click track file are there premade midi files out there that have already done that, that I can then adjust my BPM, etc.

Thank you , thank you !!
Old 10-22-2023, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Creating audio click track

You can commit the click track to an audio track by right-click on the clicktrack and select "commit..."
Old 10-22-2023, 09:14 AM

There’s other percussive instruments (like shakers) available within the “click” plugin.
My first gripe about the conventional click is having it bleed from the ‘phones back into the mic. The other thing I’ve noticed…it seems easier for most musicians to play against a sequenced/quantized drum track than a click. (Even if you don’t use it eventually, it’s a nice session anchor.) It feels more natural.
Old 10-22-2023, 09:46 AM

Yes. That would be ideal. Is there a way to easily insert some kind of “stock” drum beat (essentially a loop) that is controllable via the click track (so i can change tempos) out there ? Or is it possible to embed a real drum loop and change its time? I am not articulating this need well, but need user friendly/ flexible simple beat.

Im searching but i dont know enough about this world and or i am not using the correct terminology to find what i am after

Thank you for the reply and help.
Old 10-22-2023, 11:24 AM

If you know about the click then you probably know how to set the tempo and time signatures from their perspective spots on the timeline. Take a look at your included plugins >> Instruments and look for Air Boom, Air Xpand2, PT Groove Cell, etc. Many of these virtual instruments include loops that should follow your tempo and time sig changes.

I'm not speaking from a great deal of personal experience here but I think that would be a simple way to do what you're trying to do.
TB Native + Omni at home
Apogee Duet 3 on the road
Old 10-22-2023, 01:52 PM

Indeed, I often use EZDrummer with a very simple beat instead of a click(often with a shaker as one of the sounds instead of a hi-hat)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-22-2023, 05:51 PM

thank you !
Old 10-26-2023, 12:08 PM

Hey just a quick plug. EZ DRUMMER is great, easy to use and exactly waht i needed. Thx for the advice! Worth the cost imo. I didn’t want to program my own drum beat. I just wanted something simple to play behind and this is what it does, really great. I uploaded a few bars of a simple guitar rhythm and using the band mate feature. It came up with numerous drum loops that fit.