Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2010, 12:23 PM

Default Timeline insertion playback issue

Has anyone else noticed on prottols 9 there is an issue with the playback cursor?

when editing in pt8 during playback if i click the cursor anywhere in the session and stop the session. it usually plays from where i clicked last on session.

Also during playback if i click on the session now it automatically thinks i want to play from there and plays from when i click.

Sometimes even after i stop the session and click where i wish to edit it still plays from last point and doesnt change when i click anywhere in session.

I've checked my session prefs and timeline insertion follows playback is on but ive not changed my settings as i've never had to.

I'm sorry if this post is a bit over the place but ive been editing a few sessions for hours straight and im starting a new session but this issue is slowing my progress.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Timeline insertion playback issue

sorry timeline insertion is OFF lol
Old 12-21-2010, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Timeline insertion playback issue

cracked it.

I had dynamic transport on