Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2023, 06:12 PM

Default Re: 2023.9 is here!

Gotta say, the archaic method of displaying plugins is largely responsible for me forgetting the many great plugins I own. I use the Favorites function but can't put all my favs there.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Gotta say, the archaic method of displaying plugins is largely responsible for me forgetting the many great plugins I own. I use the Favorites function but can't put all my favs there.
The fun thing about "favourites" (/s) is it's just a list.
Which can make it just as bad -- your compressors are mixed in with your soundfield, etc. By type or manufacturer.. nope, can't do that with your favourites.

Wish they had a plugin manager like Cubase where you can have tabs and folders. So I could have a tab of favourites sorted into folders for "rock n roll" days and a different tab of favourites for "orchestral" days. All up to the user.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
Updated to 2023.9.0 this morning on my mac studio/with expansion chassis HDX card.
worked all day on a bunch of songs.
almost every time right after committing a track, everything goes out of time.
happened about 5 times today. closing and reopening the session always fixes it.
seems like something delay compensation ish?

anyone else?

I thought I was going mad, but I’ve noticed this too. It was also occasionally happening on 2023.6. It seemed to be happening when I had used Elastique Pro, then committed - but the problem fixed itself after a few seconds. I was wondering if I was imagining it, but now you’ve got me thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2023, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
the width-changing plugins in a submenu sounds like a useful way to keep the menu size under control, so that could be a good step in the right direction.
...but only a tiny step. I didn't realise it only applies if there's more than 4 versions of a plugin. Most Waves plugins have three - mono, stereo, mono to stereo, so there's no change there.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-22-2023, 11:57 PM

Quote:
In the 800 to 1000 category? Yeah, I forget too. The sales kill me.

Boz, BABY, freak show, audio thing. It is a large plethora of forgetting you even bought it.
Almost every plugin
Old 09-23-2023, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by off the wall View Post
Try running the HD Driver 2023.9 uninstaller to completely clear out the 2023.9, then install HD Driver 2023.3. That got me back in business.
thanks ... that´s exactly what I did and it worked

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 09-23-2023, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
...but only a tiny step. I didn't realise it only applies if there's more than 4 versions of a plugin. Most Waves plugins have three - mono, stereo, mono to stereo, so there's no change there.
It is designed to clean up multichannel versions. So for example instead of 5.0 and 5.1 there is only 5.x and so on. Atmos users love it.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
PT Studio 2023.9, 2019 iMac Intel.

- PT opens/loads quite a bit faster than 2023.6.
- 20 minutes of checking things out with a few projects - no issues, running smooth.
PT native on M1 loads 8-10 seconds slower than 2023.6 !
On my system (1000 Plug ins) 2023.6 needs about 30 sec and 2023.9 38sec
Old 09-23-2023, 02:25 AM

Quote:

I am going to toss out that it is 100% BS. I regularly use other DAWs with much more involved methods of displaying plugin lists. The only time I navigate through them is if I am 100% directionless and am unsure of what plugin I want to use at all. The menu structure really makes no difference to that situation...

If you know what plugin you want, all modern DAWs have a search function that will take you straight to them with a few button presses far quicker than menu navigation.

The real problem, I think, is so many people are trying to collect plugins like Baseball cards. They want the entire baseball league in their plugin list. What they should be doing is building an amazing baseball team. Nobody needs 16 shortstop players and 21 first basemen for success.

If you have built a reliable team, they all reappear on the field with your templates...
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
It seems that "Sketch" cannot load 3rd-party VI's or even Avid/Air VI's.
Is this just an initial-launch limitation ? or is it by permanent design (perhaps for iPad compatibility) ?
I hope the former, because the built-in instruments are somewhat lame by modern standards. It appears that Avid's VI "GrooveCell" cannot even be accessed - at least from initial tests.

I cannot seem to drag and drop an existing MIDI clip from Pro Tools Edit Window into the Sketch window.
Also, I think an option to always have Sketch floating at the top level (same as a plugin window) is much needed, especially if we can have this Edit>Sketch drag+drop.

Logic's implementation of this same idea allows all of this.

My idea would have been to make this entire thing as a dockable-to-track expansion just to the right of Comments in the Edit Window (similar to ARA docks, but horizontal)
Adjustable, expandable, using any VI or plugin, horizontally linear, undockable, and with a render-to-track MIDI or Audio option when tweaked to perfection.
I am also very dissapoited that no VIs can loaded in Sketch window. So at this point it makes no sense for me to use it. I hope this will be updated