Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 07:50 PM

Default i\'m having a really irritating experience... help?

I just purchased the Mbox2 today from Guitar Center and was so excited that I was jumping onboard with Digidesign after all the software I was able to learn in school a year ago.

I picked up 2GB of RAM and an external hard drive able to transfer via USB and 1394 FireWire.

my only problem is... I pull out the Pro Tools LE v6.8.1 CD from the package and the Mbox2, and set everything up in place. I install the CD, and when it reads "this may take several minutes and your screen might flash several times" it freezes there. that's approximately 97% through the CD installation.

another thing is, Windows XP recognizes the Mbox2, but does not have drivers or firmware for it, so I try to find drivers online and to no avail, I can't find any.

what's odd though is, I'm very sure this will work on the Intel Celeron processor I have. this computer is not too much over a year old, and it's been running everything I've ever bought from the store. I've never had a problem such as this with installing.

if you need specs to get an idea these are it:

Windows XP Home Edition (SP 1, I oddly don't trust SP2)
Intel Celeron 2.53GHz
2GB DDR SDRAM
80GB HD (additional 60GB internal, additional 200GB external)
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (i think it might be platinum, it was 300 bucks)

any sort of help i can get would be widely appreciated! if you can help out, i can find a way to help you out in return.

thank you
Old 10-06-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: i\'m having a really irritating experience... h

You'll probably get a faster and better reply by posting this question in the correct forum. This is the TDM forum and we use different systems than the MBox.

Go back to the Main Index Page to scroll down to the LE Forum, or look at the bottom of this page for the Jump menu that will take you directly there.

http://www.badrap.org
Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: i\'m having a really irritating experience... help?

your in right forum actually. No need to download any drivers. Yah I got the wierd flashing and hesistant install to best explain it. But I just unplug, reboot, turn off , just trying anything. Till i see wierd action on the bottom right when it seaches for usb peripherals. After awhile, I got the mbox2 6.8 software to work. But I reload 6.9 cuz i am suing a 002r also. So i am now waiting for 7.0 so I can use booth seemlessly. Maybe 7.0 which ur qualified to receive might work better, but u should be having no problems unless u got the wrong chipset. Let me clarify you dont need to download any drivers, it should be in the software and download into xp within your laptop. bye

ps- trust sp2 cuz it involves many improvements to make your computer run better overall, even for audio I presume.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: i\'m having a really irritating experience... help?

Quote:
Caution - Mbox 2 is NOT supported on the following systems or systems with the following components:

Older Dell Inspiron and Dell Latitude laptop computers that run less than 1ghz (please see recommended Dell laptops above)
Computers with motherboards containing SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) chipsets
Intel Celeron, Pentium III and older processor based computers are not supported
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/xp/mbox2/

Sorry

Bastiaan