Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

I fixed this problem on my Win XP system. Somehow my audio disk had gotten formatted as a dynamic disc, which PT does not support. When I converted it to a basic disk and reformatted it, I was able to to Windows/Workspace and it showed up as an R instead of an unchangeable T.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:57 PM

Hi there ~

I've had the same problem: re "not a valid audio volume"

I've done everything in the thread (really) to no luck.

This might be an easy answer (that I simply have to spend more money for an upgrade...)

I have a MacBook OS X 10.4.8 with Intel Core Duo.

I had PT LE 6.7 and I upgraded tp 6.9.2

Is this why I'm having the "audio volume" problem?

Do I need to buy/upgrade 7.0?

Or will 6.9.2 work, and I just need to try the suggestions in this thread again. and again?

Thanks!

Andrew
Old 11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Avid

Quote:
Hi there ~

I've had the same problem: re "not a valid audio volume"

I've done everything in the thread (really) to no luck.

This might be an easy answer (that I simply have to spend more money for an upgrade...)

I have a MacBook OS X 10.4.8 with Intel Core Duo.

I had PT LE 6.7 and I upgraded tp 6.9.2

Is this why I'm having the "audio volume" problem?

Do I need to buy/upgrade 7.0?

Or will 6.9.2 work, and I just need to try the suggestions in this thread again. and again?

Thanks!

Andrew
You need Pro Tools 7.1.1 for compatibility with an Intel Mac.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:26 PM

I have read through this thread with great interest, trying everything to #1016244. I just bought a brand new digi002 that only had 6.7 software to install. I have upgraded to 6.9.2.

Do I now have to buy the 7 upgrade? I purchased this unit yesterday. Quite honestly, I would not have bought it if I had known that the latest software was not included.

I am also having the Audio Volume problem and have tried everything, again, to this point. I have a Mac Pro 3Ghz Quad with 4GB RAM. I also have a brand new LaCie d2 500GB fw800 drive that I have reformatted at least 5 times doing the various suggestions. Pro Tools is in a profile with only the audio programs that came with it and some software synths.

As everything is new, and I am somewhat new to owning and setting up my own gear, I feel a bit awed at this whole process and the amount of time it takes on the audio side of things. I am also a video and still photographer. I do multimedia and finally decided to get a system that will enable me to do what I want a little 'easier(?).'

As this is Thanksgiving Day, I do not expect a response perhaps until Monday. In the meantime I will go through the rest of these solutions to see if any of them wil work for me. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and I am excited and glad to be a part of the Pro Tools community, and this forum...

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far, I am learning a lot... and I will be asking more questions as soon as I get started tracking...

Chaz
Old 11-23-2006, 03:43 PM

Well, having just finished reading the whole thread I guess I will have to wait to see if I hhave to buy the upgrade or if I will be grandfathered in. I am a bit upset that I would have to buy an upgrade on a new purchase for a program that has apparently been out for a while. This will add to the cost of the unit.

I would have bought a unit with the right software had I known...

What say you at Digi, will I have to buy or get upgraded as a new user?

In the meantime Pro Tools is of no use to me, I am disappointed about that...

Chaz
Old 11-24-2006, 11:55 AM

I just bought my Mbox 2 Mini today and I installed everything, started a new Pro Tools Session, and started going at it. When I started to record, about 10 seconds I got the DAE drive error saying my HD was too slow. That was running off my Mac HD internal drive. So, I decided to close the session and start one on my Seagate 160GB External USB 2.0 HD. I opened up the new session window, named it, but when I tried to create it Pro Tools told me it was not a valid audio volume. I tried changing the T to R in the Workspace window to no avail. It told me that it could not do it because it was not a valid audio volume.

Now, I went to this board and read the entire thing, and I tried one thing and it worked. My External HD was formatted to FAT32, so I backed up my files, used Disk Utility (Mac HD: Applications: Utilities: Disk Utility), and I formatted it to Mac OS Extended. Opened up Pro Tools, went to the Workspace, and was able to change the T to R with no problem. Created session perfectly, and started laying down some acoustic tracks. After that, I transfered my old PT Sessions (6.8.1) to my External HD and was able to open those and go at it without any problems at all.

My set up is as follows:

Apple Powerbook G4 1.5 GHz PowerPC
Macintosh OSX Tiger 10.4.8 Operating System
512 MB DDR SDRAM (Soon to be upgraded, don't laugh, hahaha)
80GB Internal 5400 RPM HD (Mac HD Start Up Disk)
Seagate 160GB External 7200 RPM USB 2.0 HD
Mbox 2 Mini
Pro Tools LE 7.1

Like I said, I just bought this thing today and was able to troubleshoot it and get it working within 20 minutes (15 of which required reading this thread). To those of you who can't get it working i'm sorry I know it's really frustrating, I just posted my situation so people with similar set ups can try doing what I did. Hope it works dudes. Peace.

Take care,
Adam.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:22 AM

Default Using FM8 plug-in as an audio effects processor

I am trying to use Native Instruments FM8 as an audio input effects processor. I've read both manuals (PT and FM8) and have consulted various FM8 resources, but I think I may be routing the plug-in incorrectly. I've also tried to search the DUC, without much luck. My questions below are not specific to FM8, but go for all plug-ins in general.

I have been experimenting with running microphone audio through FM8, but so far I have only been able to achieve varying degrees of delay and reverb, and the vocals still sound clean and otherwise unaltered. Should I be using an Instrument, Audio, or Aux track?

With the Instrument track, what is the difference between selecting FM8 as the MIDI output selector and selecting it as a plug-in? Do you need to select both?

Also, can someone please explain how to start a new thread?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 PM

Not me... I just bought a new mac mini and a WD external firewire drive which I connect to my digi 002r...

no luck playing back tracks from it.. I get a buffer underflow error... Records to the internal drive nicely though... but that doesnt solve my problem.

BTW... how do I select which drive I want to record to?
I looked everywhere and didnt find any option other than disk allocation.. but I dont understand that... If you save a session to the external drive... does that drive become the recording drive?>
Digital Recording Facility
Old 12-19-2006, 10:55 AM

I am having the same problem,
i have an ibook g4,
i copied my applications from my g5 (including Pro Tools 7
and i cannot get the drive to be recognized as record volume.
What should i do?

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:40 PM

OK, then please see this post:
#1088201 - 12/19/06 12:19 PM

APparently everything was working fine one day, then the drive error showed up the next. Can you explain? I am frankly a little scared to go to 7.3.
Closed Thread