Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2013, 10:40 AM

Default Re: CPTK gone in PT11 - Upgrade to PTHD11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneo View Post
What about Europe? $599,- should be €456,- not €590,-...
It's just sales tax.. If you do your accounting right, you'll get that extra cash back

www.sounddesign.no
Old 06-23-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Stedjan View Post
It's just sales tax.. If you do your accounting right, you'll get that extra cash back
Finally got the email with the invoice, you're right, had to pay taxes... even though I filled out my dutch tax number...
Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 AM

Yes its just sales tax ...

But don't forget, many pro tools users on the lower rungs of the ladder are not in a position to claim the tax back.

Also, these same pro tools users pay for the upgrade out of their post-tax net income wages/pensions ... unlike some people, who can claim back the 20% AND write off the rest as a business expense.

If you can do that, then good luck to you, but please don't forget that others aren't in such a fortunate position.

Spare a thought for those for whom pro tools is actually paid for, in full, out of their own pockets.

In fact, those of us who pay tax before receiving their wages/pensions, and then pay for goods without claimng any of the cost back, are arguably subsidising the 'business' and 'pro' community, who pay less tax because they only pay tax on their bottom line profits after business expenses have been deducted.

But let's not get into a debate about the inadequacies of capitalism as a 'fair' system for all ;-)

Sorry, rant over ;-)
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 06-25-2013, 04:23 AM

this is what it says when I click on About Pro Tools does this pic look right ?

I hope we are not gonna be penalised later as we did this upgrade from CPTK to HD 11

Any comment avid ?

What do HD users with Hardware software say is it the same
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT HARDWARE PIC.jpg (36.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-25-2013, 04:39 AM

hwill,

That's where it used to say Complete Production Toolkit. I guess they had to change the text to something else...
But if you have HD software and no hardware then that makes sense to me.

Attached is a screenshot of HD10 on my laptop (ie no hardware). Note that I didn't have my ilok containg CPTK plugged in when I took this, just the HD10 licence. So I think it's the same, just different wording.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HD10About.jpg (38.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-25-2013, 04:46 AM

I can understand it saying no hardware - what is more alarming is that there's a heading saying 'Toolkits'.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 06-25-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
I can understand it saying no hardware - what is more alarming is that there's a heading saying 'Toolkits'.
It must be difficult to work at Avid trying to fix all these embarrassing things.

They seem to be inundated with negativity from every possible point. I went to their Facebook page yesterday and just read.

It's a shame.

It's a pretty good product. I prefer it, but they are charging the most money for features that have been around for years and holding their premium product hostage with a hardware purchase.

They bring it on themselves.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
It must be difficult to work at Avid trying to fix all these embarrassing things.

They seem to be inundated with negativity from every possible point. I went to their Facebook page yesterday and just read.

It's a shame.

It's a pretty good product. I prefer it, but they are charging the most money for features that have been around for years and holding their premium product hostage with a hardware purchase.

Agreed 1000%.

I have been using ProTools to earn a living since version 3.2 & it seems as if the same (marketing?) people are making the same self sabotaging decisions year after year after year.

E.

2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB / 1TB, macOSX 13.6.6, 2019 i9 MacBook Pro (15,3), macOSX 14.4.1, PT Ulti 2024.3.0, DAR 5.1, MDA Creator1.5, Rx10 Advanced, Ozone 10 Advanced, Kontakt 7, Soundminer v6.1Pro, Spanner 4, PaulXStretch,
EuControl 2023.11.0, Avid Control 2023.11.0, Avid S1, iPad Pros 12.9" gen 3 & gen 4, Apollo 8 Duo, UAD-2 Satellite Quad, Glyph 2TB tb3 NVMe SSD, x2 Glyph 2TB SSDs, x1 Glyph 4TB SSD, OWC tb3 Dock, OWC Thunderbay 8 62TB
Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post

It's a shame.

bingo..they act as if they know the end of the world is coming and they are gathering as much loot as they can in desperation...Great vibe huh?!

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
bingo..they act as if they know the end of the world is coming and they are gathering as much loot as they can in desperation...Great vibe huh?!
Yeah, except I'm far from certain that overcharging for features that others have offered for years, and blocking an entire segment of your potential buyers from even being able to buy HD is the best way to "gather loot."

Honestly, I think they should roll 5.1 and the full complement of automation tools into Vanilla, and leave 7.1 and higher, VCAs, hardware support, and possibly advanced metering for the HD folks who need it, and will pay for it.

Just my .02, but that seems like a more reasonable demarcation between the two tiers of users.

At least with that setup, anybody who has an interest in post production could realistically buy the "industry standard" and get their feet wet, instead of being forced to use Reaper or something else, which is EXACTLY what Avid is forcing them to do now. I've never seen a company more focused on pushing AWAY potential customers.

Chris