Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Default Keyboard Not Giving Input to PT SE

Hi everyone,

I just got Avid Keystudio and installed it yesterday. It worked perfectly! I spent all of last night dinking around and discovering all that Pro Tools SE had to offer and was rather impressed and excited to wake up this morning to start composing.
However, when I opened Pro Tools today, I went to use the keyboard and there was no response in Pro Tools. I futzed with all the buttons on the interface and couldn't find anything, and then went to Settings and found that, under "Control Surfaces," "MIDI Control Surface 1" was set to "none." I switched that to "M-Audio Keyboard," but when I tried to change the Receive From" from "none," there were no other options, and the Settings window won't let me finish unless a Receive From is specified, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here...

I don't know if the rest of this matters, but the Send To is also "none" with no other options, and the Channels' box only option is "8".

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Keyboard Not Giving Input to PT SE

Huh...apparently all it needed was a quick restart. I'll keep this here for documentation... Thanks anyway!