Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2011, 10:40 AM

Default Re: What am I doing wrong???

If you search the forums here you will see comments about diginet.sys on Windows 7 installs.

---

My guesses would have been --

Clock not set to internal. Seems that is OK.

Basic problems with I/O settings, some things to check -

Check the Eleven Rack Rig Input is set to Guitar and all the volumes thought the rig are turned up enough so you can hear a sound on the main speaker outs. It should be if this was working stand alone.

Carefully go over all the things in Chapter 7 of the Eleven Rack User Guide about setting up Pro Tools LE.

How are you creating the Pro tools Sessions? Are you creating new sessions using Eleven Rack session templates or are you using some old sessions you have from Pro Tools M-Powered?

If not using the session templates then try creating a new session using one of the Eleven Rack Templates....

Select Create Session From Template > Eleven Rack

Choose the "Guitar Tracking + Reamping" template.

Make sure the I/Os look basically right -- the Direct Input track is using the "Guitar Input" and the E. Guitar track is using the "Eleven Rig L/R (Stereo)" input and Master 1 output is using "Main Out L/R"

Play something on the guitar (having made sure it works stand-alone first). Do you hear anything through Pro Tools? Do you see the track meters move for the Direct Input, E. Guitar and Master 1 tracks?

If that does not work in that session create an audio track and find a random audio file (AIFF, MP3 etc.) and drag that file onto that track. Hit play - do you hear that and see the meters move on that track and the Master 1 track?

If things are not working you sure there is an I/O input to the track you are tryign to record - not just its name looks right but its really there. Does Setup>I/O look right?

---

Other than this I am going to run out of ideas here quick.

Darryl
Old 04-22-2011, 10:54 AM

I think what it comes down to is I got a Lemon Eleven!

Just to make sure it was or wasn't the LE program, I downloaded a demo copy of Presonus...when I recorded in that low and behold the same fizz. I then pulled out my old M-Audio Fast Track interface and everything sounded fine. So I got one of the bad Elevens...not too happy about this.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:51 AM

Yes it appears that way to me.

The good news is that you will get sorted so be patient and in the end it will all be worth it. You'll be back in love with 11R soon

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 04-23-2011, 10:26 AM

I also want to compliment Avid Customer Service for getting back to me quick and putting me at ease.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 PM

I can't believe that all this angst and it was the freaking USB cable supplied with the unit

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/for...at&Number=3904

substituted the USB cable and it works fine.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 PM

I'm sure everybody here understands your frustration, and at times most of us have let off a bit of steam now & then.

I'm glad to hear you have the problem sorted. Problems like these are always best tackled by working through a process of elimination & it's always best to start at the easiest end first which is usually cables and connections. Most of us here who try and help sometimes assume this has already been done when offering advice.

I'm sorry that in this case you were largely left to your own devices to find the problem, but I'm sure you have learnt some valuable lessons in doing so.

Anyhow, now you can have some playtime with your 11R!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 04-28-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
I'm sure everybody here understands your frustration, and at times most of us have let off a bit of steam now & then.

I'm glad to hear you have the problem sorted. Problems like these are always best tackled by working through a process of elimination & it's always best to start at the easiest end first which is usually cables and connections. Most of us here who try and help sometimes assume this has already been done when offering advice.

I'm sorry that in this case you were largely left to your own devices to find the problem, but I'm sure you have learnt some valuable lessons in doing so.

Anyhow, now you can have some playtime with your 11R!
Thank You, that is the plan