Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 03:50 PM

Default Waves 3.5 Upgrade Question!

Hello All,

I've done a search to no avail, and I even called Waves Product Support - which apparently supports only daytime engineers. 9am to 6pm - Wow! Now that's customer service! Sorry, I just splattered sarcasm all over my computer. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, questions is: I just installed Waves 3.2. I authorized it, and immediately went to their web site to upgrade to 3.5. I downloaded the upgrade with the 3.6 demo, and installed it as well. Did this automatically upgrade my 3.2? I found a challenge page (for authorization) in the 3.5 folder. So I figured I'd have to authorize it. I went back to their website to register this, and it's asking for a new serial number, which I do not have. They also give me the option to "reauthorize" which is only for new hard drive installation. I find it pretty confusing, and I'm hoping someone out there in "I-can't-wait-to-help-cyberland" can give me some insight. Anyone, anyone. . . . Bueler. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 11-05-2002, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Waves 3.5 Upgrade Question!

3.2 to 3.5 is a free upgrade. I did the same as you, I bought Waves Gold 3.2 then immediately upgraded it to the 3.5. Sorry I'm on a PC so I can't give you specifics but it found my existing authorization without a hitch - well with a few reboots (I told you I was on a PC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ). You shouldn't have to re-authorize though.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:08 PM

Jim,

Does it actually read "3.5" somewhere within the program once you have upgraded? My 3.2 folder still reads "3.2". Maybe it was just too easy! I was expecting to have to authorize once again. Did your's take care of the upgrade just by installing the version with the 3.6 demo attached?

Old 11-05-2002, 04:21 PM

I'm not if this will help but when I upgraded to 3.5 and the installer asked me to locate the waves plug-in folder I mistakenly located the 3.2 version instead of the 3.5. I think it was asking for a serial code again but I installed 3.5 again and made sure I located the right folder and everything was ok.

Nocturnal
Old 11-05-2002, 04:29 PM

Noc,

I think you may be right on target - I'm not in my studio right now, so I can't be sure - but I believe I did pick the 3.2 folder. I'll check as soon as I can get back to my machine. Thanks for the information.