Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2012, 03:18 PM

Default Re: MDW Massenburg EQ for AAX

Dear "Avid Community Administrator" my license is an ilok 2, and is version 2 and the upgrade is asking for an ilok I don't really own anymore, bacause I have some problems with it and I have to pay pace to pass all my licenses to a new ilok lot of years ago. Some months ago I switch to an ilok 2:

ilok #0x0013455E
Where I have 119 licenses. In there I have my MDW 2.0 license:
Product: MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ v2
Company: Digidesign Type: Update
Expiration: Never
Date downloaded: 04/14/2006

The license surender is asking for:
ilok (0x000026A7) I don't own...

Please let me know what should I do
Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 PM

I got version 3.0 can't get my hands on a demo of version 5.0 would be a-amzing to try the new settings presets included in version 5.

If anyone could just share the settings presets or if there's a way to demo this.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:54 PM

hi. I have the RTAS version and purchased the upgrade for $95. I wonder how Avid will handle us RTAS people.

Thank you.

Tae

Edited:

I just saw that the official announcement. RTAS people have to buy the full version again... real sad news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCS View Post
Sorry about the trouble some of you have experienced.

The MDW v5 Upgrade has been temporarily suspended from the Avid Store.

We have identified the cause of the previous version TDM licenses not being recognized in the upgrade process, and are working on a fix for this as well as a v3/5 bundle license.

The upgrade entitlement and plug-in types on the store page are being corrected. (The Product Page correctly lists v5 as AAX only.)

The workaround for opening sessions that contain previous version MDW EQ plug-ins has been documented here.

We have created support cases for those that have reported problems with their upgrades in this thread, so please check your DUC registered email address (incl spam folder) for a case notifications.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanh75 View Post
I just saw that the official announcement. RTAS people have to buy the full version again... real sad news...
Unbelievable.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:21 PM

Hi,

I am a user of MDW version 3 RTAS. I bought the update following all instructions exactly as described on the site. I am in good faith.

I did not know until after the text was false advertising. The text was written in french : "Prise en charge des TDM et RTAS plug-in formats".

Avid can not change the conditions of sale after my payment. This is totally against (illegal) the law here in France. It is also a matter of respect for the customer.

Consequently, I request the application of the sales contract, so the delivery of this update.

I go to the end to defend my rights.

Best regards.
Philippe Labroue, Paris
Old 08-25-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latvia View Post
It seems that Avid is taking a look into the situation and that the future looks bright!

Another great day to be a member of the DUC!

-andrew
guys,

thanks to everyone for all of the feedback.

let it suffice to say that we're ALL taking a good, hard look at the issues with Avid and MDW sharing Pace resources - and there's alot of us working on it every day. INCLUDING Andrew Kirk from Pace AP and their engineering and technical staff. noone has ever really tried to do sales the way we're trying to do it, and after months of trying different solutions, and tweaking the packages we really thought we had it right.

we didn't...

a thousand spatulas couldn't wipe the egg off of my face.

but we're are still trying hard to make solutions to each and every issue. i myself would LOVE to come up with a solution to the RTAS upgrade, so you have one guy in your corner.
George
Old 08-25-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
More instances at 96k than at 48k?

Also: Under TDM I could have 2 Stereo 5-Bands per chip at 48k so 4 mono 5-band and now I can have 8 according to your specs and 9 at 96k, while I can have 26(!!) AVID channel strips on one HDX chip. Has the MDW-EQ become even more hungry in AAX in relation to TDM?

Your product page says:

Is this correct? Doesn't seem logical to me. Or are those numbers mixed up?

8-48k
9-96k
4-192k

?

Or does that mean

9-48k
8-96k
4-192k

?

Or is there actually a "1" missing as in

19-48k
8-96k
4-192k

Thanks,

Frank.
The MDW works internally at 96KHz even you are running a 44.1 session.
Therefore a 44.1 Khz session eats more resources compared to a session at 96 due to the upsampling, then the downsampling process that occour into a 44.1 session.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:05 PM

George Massenburg, the restriction that Avid has written "Owners of the RTAS-only version are not eligible for this specific upgrade", was published after my purchase of the update.

Before to my purchase of the update, Avid uses the words "If you own a previous version, take advantage of special upgrade pricing through the online Avid Store." without distinction "TDM" users and "RTAS" users.

It's too easy to change the terms of sale after purchase. I can not accept that.

I do not see what I can negotiate more ?

Best regards.
Philippe Labroue, Paris
Old 08-26-2012, 12:17 AM

Thumbs up Re: MDW Massenburg EQ for AAX

Dear Mr. Massenburg

Thank you so much for your concern for us

I have been a long time fan of your work and products for years.(numerous records, a 8304 and the MDW eq here.)

I am willing to buy the full version even if Avid ignore the rtas people but it would be definitely great if there will be some way for us to save hundreds of dollars.

Have a great day.

Tae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Massenburg View Post
guys,

let it suffice to say that we're ALL taking a good, hard look at the issues with Avid and MDW sharing Pace resources - and there's alot of us working on it every day. INCLUDING Andrew Kirk from Pace AP and their engineering and technical staff. noone has ever really tried to do sales the way we're trying to do it, and after months of trying different solutions, and tweaking the packages we really thought we had it right.

we didn't...

but we're are still trying hard to make solutions to each and every issue. i myself would LOVE to come up with a solution to the RTAS upgrade, so you have one guy in your corner.
George
Old 08-26-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Massenburg View Post
guys,

we didn't...

George
Thanks for taking the time to explain what's going on, I hope you manage to resolve it soon.

Could you comment on the 64 bit resolution, did the RTAS version use this as well or is this a new thing?

Someone else has said the plug in upsamples to 96Khz internally if you are working at 44.1Khz is this correct ? Has it always done this even in the TDM versions?

Looking forward to buying my upgrade when you get it back on line!