Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2011, 07:52 AM

Default Save Copy In not copying all files

Hi, used the Save Copy In dialog to save out a very large DVD mix session, and the copied session has ONLY audio that's in my Audio Files folder in the main session. I'm referencing a fair amount of audio (large surround stems) that I didn't want to make copies of on import, as well as a few stray dialog and effect files that didn't need to be copied. Those files, which reside in their original folders, not the Audio Files, did NOT get copied out.

PT 9.0.3, OS 10.6.7

Anyone else seeing this? Starting the final mix for the associated session now after rebuilding by hand, will do some testing later.

Thanks

adam
Atmos 7.1.2
hugmonstersound.com / unheardof.world
Old 11-21-2011, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Save Copy In not copying all files

I'm guessing that you are selecting "Copy All Audio Files" in the save copy in box? Just making sure...

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 11-21-2011, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Save Copy In not copying all files

Yes, meant to note that in my original post. I've used the Save Copy In many many times to send sessions to other studios like I did here, always copy all audio files, no fades, no picture; this one was the same.

Just did a test on a VERY small session, but one that had the same situation - a few files residing on my effects drive (a separate usb drive). Then added a file from the same drive, different folder, to mimic the initial problem session, and that copied fine as well.

So was I just dealing with a fluke on this big session this weekend, or is this a bug to watch out for? File size limits? anything?
Atmos 7.1.2
hugmonstersound.com / unheardof.world