Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2008, 06:37 AM

Unhappy My new (free) Plugins don't keep my settings!

Hello folks!

First of all, my experience with Pro Tools is very limited so maybe the answer is very easy, I'm sorry for that.

I downloaded some free plugins that I found on this forums:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...t=free+plugins

Some plugings, that I really like, like Massey CT4, Flux Bitter-sweet II, etc are not keeping the settings I'm adjusting to them, once I close Pro Tools and re-open it.

I don't think the problem is with the plugins themselves, because they all seems to do this. Maybe it is a settings somewhere in Pro Tools or the way I installed them that is wrong.

Example:

I load the Massey CT4 pluging on my voice and make some adjustments to it. I can listen my voice many times, it will sound modified with the plugin. If I close Pro Tools and reload it straight after, the plugin will still be on the track, but all the settings I have make to it will be reset. So everytime I have to re-adjust all the settings.

Any ideas ? Any help would be awsome.

Thanks guyz
Old 09-06-2008, 06:43 AM

Default Re: My new (free) Plugins don't keep my settings!

The massey plug-ins, although free, are demo versions. The demo massey pulg-ins are fully functional, however there are a few drawbacks, one of them is the plug-in settings don't save.

The thread you are refering to does actually state these limitations.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:37 PM

Default Re: My new (free) Plugins don't keep my settings!

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I was to exicted to test them, and forgot to do the basics, which is RTFMing...

Thx!